DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge
$102
Skyview Motel(Fort Lee)
$100
$81
Edge Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Breakfast included
$235
$195
  • Restaurant
$169
$144
GardenInn.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
Hotel Cliff(New York City)
TripAdvisor
1,055 results
All reviewsdouble treenew yorkshuttle servicesushi restaurantinto nycwarm cookiesexecutive flooracross the bridgehot tubconvenient locationnice stayvery nice hoteleasy accessupon checkfitness centerindoor poolshuttle bus
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I have stayed at the Doubletree in Fort Lee five times this year and generally find it satisfactory. Most of the staff are very attentive and will go the extra mile to respond to guest requests or complaints. However, this does not hide the fact that the rooms desperately need a facelift. The furnishings are old, knocked and scratched, and just don't feel as clean as they should. Housekeeping does a great job of keeping the rooms and bathrooms as clean as possible, despite the state of the furnishings.

I did find the remnants of what appeared to be bed bugs at the head of my bed on one of the lower floors some nights ago and called the front desk to be moved to another room. The request was handled expeditiously and gracefully, with a manager meeting me in my room and escorting me to my new room, which was satisfactory.

The lounge is nice but food/snack offerings rather spartan and like the rooms, appears tired looking.

Another issue that I encounter from time to time is the smell of cigarette smoking (on the executive floor). This may be due to the large number of guests from Japan and Korea who patronize the hotel and who may not be aware of the smoking restrictions at this hotel.

On the whole, I recommend this hotel for service and location.

Room Tip: 14th or 15th floor rooms are best. However, none of the views are particularly stellar.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Very nice clean hotel. Staff were also nice. Stayed there like 3 times always had the same impression.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My wife and I stayed here 1 night when we had no electricity at our house in October. Everyone at the hotel was nice and attentive. They did especially well as the hotel was booked solid. The people at the dining area of the bar and Italian restaurant were especially helpful. They were calm & efficient and even still good-natured given the large number of people who wanted to drink and eat.

The room was of a nice size with coffee and tea service and large bathroom. The water was hot and water pressure was fine. For some reason even though it was in the 30s out the hall was air-conditioned. The only negative about the room was the heat really did not work. The only negative about the bathroom was the terrible hair drier –it was the loudest hair drier I have ever used. The morning we left the lights went out as we were having breakfast. We drove by this morning & it looks like they were still out 24 hours later.

All told a nice room and great staff who handled themselves well during a weather emergency that really messed things up in the area.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2011

This is a nicely located hotel just out of the GW Bridge. A few minutes from NYC. If you are looking for a less expensive alternative to NYC hotels, this is a good option, also providing shuttle service to NYC. I stayed there for one night insted of driving into the city during rush hour. It's clean, the rooms are of a decent size and there is also a pool, which the water temperature is perfect (+/- 85°). The property itself is a little old and may need some renos, as well as the rooms. But it's clean. There is a small gym and a hot tub as well, not sure if it was that clean considering all the foam it makes when the pumps are running. Two downsides: Internet is REALLY slow and the image quality on the TV is very poor. No HDTV there, but there is a flat screen!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Based on reviews of the hotel, we were concerned that it would be difficult to find. However, it is relatively easy to locate if you are there during the day with a reliable GPS. On the NJ Turnpike, exit 71, Broad Street toward Leonia/Englewood takes you through a residential area, and Broad Street borders a ball field. From that point you're only about 1.5 miles from the hotel.
The staff was very helpful and courteous. I needed a refrigerator, and it was in our room by the time we arrived to the room with our bags. We were impressed that the main trash cans in the room were divided to recycle cans, paper, bottles, etc. The room was somewhat small but comfortable, especially the bed. The ice machine was not working on our floor, but we just walked to the floor below to get ice. Vending machines are not on every floor, so you should ask about their location upon check-in. With the help of the concierge, we found a diner close by which was next door to a strip shopping center. The hotel has two restaurants, which we did not try. It is within walking distance of I-95 and very close to NYC.
Since we were driving, we don't know if the Doubletree has a shuttle service into NYC, like some of the other NJ hotels have. The hotel was reasonably priced, especially in relation to NYC hotels. We were really pleased with the Doubletree Fort Lee and plan to stay there again when we're visiting NYC.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
DoubleTreeFortLee, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2011

I'm happy to see that you chose to stay with us and even more happy to see that you had such a pleasant experience. We do offer a shuttle service that brings you right to midtown for a nominial fee. I hope that if you are in our area again that you choose to stay with us again. Thank you for your feedback! Don