“Difficult to find”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Fort Lee
St. Clair Shores, MI
“Difficult to find”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The ONLY entrance to this place is off of I-95N ext 72A (4W). There are no side streets, no turn arounds, just a small driveway into the motel that we nearly missed flying into it at 40 mph. We kept getting lost. The staff went out of the way to accommodate us. This is a "Pet Friendly" facility and unfortunately my husband is extremely allergic to cats. Also, there are smoking rooms, too. No elevator to the 2nd floor, you have to climb outside stairs. We were given a free upgrade to a suite because of our needs. The rooms are dated but kept very clean. Fresh cookies made daily by the staff.
Again, the staff was AAA++!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
fortleegm, General Manager at Best Western Fort Lee, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Mrs. Jordan

We were extrely happy that we were able to help with your request during your stay at our facility.

We take a lot of pride in our hotel and we are happy that you did recognize our hard work, we are still working on a few items to ensure total guest satisfaction.

We look forward to your next visit from you and your family.

Fitzroy Grizzle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Korean first
South Windsor, Connecticut
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This is the 4th time we have stayed at the Best Western, Fort Lee. The location is a very easy drive to Manhattan. From the hotel to the Theatre District, on a weekend, is around 20 mins. The staff at the hotel has all ways been very pleasant. The hotel is off the highway, but is extremely quiet. The rooms are a bit dated but clean. The bed is comfortable. I am sure we will be back again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
fortleegm, General Manager at Best Western Fort Lee, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear CTKarenB

We really appreciate you for always making The Best Western Fort Lee, your home away from home whenever you are in this area.
Our staff take great pride in what we do and we enjoy mostly making guess like yourself very happy , I do hope by now that you are a rewards member and if not please call us so we can get you signed up and enjoy all the great benefits from staying at our hotel.

We look forward in seeing you and your family again soon.

YOUR FRIEND AT THE BEST WESTERN FORT LEE
Rochester, NY
Reviewed May 15, 2013

...and what we needed was a reasonably priced room close to Manhattan for an early morning medical appt.

The man at the front desk was really pleasant and friendly. Our room, while not huge, was clean, well appointed, and very quiet.

No issues with water pressure or hot water.

Beds were comfortable, climate control was fine.

We did not have a chance to try the breakfast.

Internet access was fine for emails and browsing the web, but I don't think it would work well for streaming movies.

Prices are quite reasonable. I was actually a little leery about the property based on the low rates and prime location. My expectations were exceeded.

I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ArgyleJoshTaylor
Dear Argylejoshtaylor

Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey, we know that you are a very bust person.

We want to extra thank you for achnowleding our individual staff members and it will be a delight reading your response in our meetings.

We hope that you will come and visit with us again soon.

Your Friends from Best Western Fort Lee
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I came to town for wrestlemania this year. We originally had booked somewhere closer to metlife to stay because we were worried about traffic. After searching online for other hotels to stay at to try and save a few dollars I came across the best western! I have to say I was VERY pleased with our stay. The rooms were very clean. We came into town a little bit early but they were able to check us in without any problem :). I definitely would stay there again. Breakfast was great as well as the service!

• Stayed April 2013
fortleegm, General Manager at Best Western Fort Lee, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Babyface 2390

We are grateful that you choose our hotel out of several others and more appreciative that you took the time to let others know of the wonderful experience you had while you came to Wrestlemania.

We do take great pride in our rooms and more of letting each guest have that "Home away from home" experience.

We look forward to your return and again we want to thank you for choosing The Best Western Fort Lee.

Greenbelt, Maryland
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I came to town with my two young sons for Wrestlemania at the Meadowlands. Hotel was easy to find using in car navigation. I do admit the entrance way does come up quick and it was like coming and going in for a pit stop at the Daytona 500!! Staff was great at check in and readily changed my smoking room to a non smoking. I was given local directions that kept me off the turnpike which was greatly appreciated! Room was small but very clean with a huge flat screen tv. The breakfast was more than "continental" having a waffle maker, hard boiled eggs, and a wide variety of breads, cereals, and fruit. The morning we left the staff gave directions for us to take a quick lap around Manhattan. I am looking forward to my next trip to NYC and a stay at the Fort Lee Best Western!!

• Stayed April 2013
fortleegm, General Manager at Best Western Fort Lee, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Bkgremp

It was a pleasure haing you and your sons stay at our hotel, we are more grateful that you did find the time to post your feedback of your recent stay.
our breakfast is one majoe area that we continue to work on and it gets a lot of great reviews.
We are happy that you enjoyed our flat scree T.V with unlimited HD channels.

We hope that we will see you again soon.

Orwell, Ohio
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I don't even know if words enough can explain how wonderful our stay was at this establishment. I will start by saying that this out of the way motel is the place to stay when you want to go to NYC but don't want to stay in the city. Just a 5 minute trip to a parking garage near the subway and you on your way to the city. Our check in was wonderful..Luigi was so kind and helpful. The real story is in a woman at the front desk name ROSE GONZALEZ!! This amazing young woman helped us at the desk when we were making plans to go into the city. I know this is her part of her job. She helped some others while we were there as well..After we got to the city, we got a bit lost. We come from a small town it as you know it can be a bit overwhelming. Ms. Gonzalez had given us her business card when we left. We had to call her. She stayed on the phone with my husband talking us through where we needed to be. This was so above and beyond that I hope BW takes note of this awesome young woman..Luckily I ran into her the next today before checkout to properly thank her. She was full of smiles and helpful even with breakfast. Do not hesitate staying at this gem! The rooms are small but this was not an issue for us. I have stayed at many motels. This one stands out for location and staff!!!

Room Tip: We were a bit aways from the lobby. Ask for rooms in A or B...we were in G