“save money when visiting NYC”

Best Western Fort Lee
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Fort Lee
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed two nights and liked the hotel. The best thing is that it is right across the GW bridge from NY City. Hotels in NYC were on the average $300-$400/night, plus you paid extra for parking. We stayed two nights here for less than the cost of one night in the city. The hotel is nothing fancy but the room was well-appointed, clean and comfortable. Exiting the hotel can be an adrenaline rush (if you like that sort of thing), as you must merge onto a busy highway as you exit the hotel! That was the only downside. The staff here were all very nice and helpful and the breakfast was excellent. Lots of variety and even fresh blueberries and strawberries to top your waffle - never had that before, even in swanky hotels! We would definitely stay again and can recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
fortleegm, General Manager at Best Western Fort Lee, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear Dancingcloud33

We have definitely been getting a lot of positive feedback about our freshly cut strawberries and bluberries for our waffles.
We are very pleased that you enjoyed every minute of your stay with us, we do take grate pride in ensuring that all our guet have the most memmorable stay possible.
Again we thank you for taking the time to complete your survey and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Yes, a bit tricky to find as Googlemaps puts you somewhere different, use a map! That aside, astounded that people moan about anything & everything. This is a standard budget motel, I expect a clean bed & shower & a toilet that works & is clean & that is what we got! I don't come to New York to watch television or look at the carpet! or moan about the breakfast. I am not paying 5* prices & am getting what we paid for! Great & ROCCO is the man. He is the most wonderful character, multi tasking big time, answering the phone to someone who wanted to speak to someone who did not exist, topping up the orange, sorting out the deliveries, putting out more yoghurt, phone ringing again, ensuring enough toilet roll is available, people like us asking for a cab to the bridge, always smiling. The man is brilliant, his name should be in lights! ROSE another gem, giving us superb directions to get to New York, cab, bus, subway without that oh god, how many times I have done this already today, this month etc. WIFI fab, bit iffy at 9.30 am, but PC in lobby with printer which we printed our 9/11 passes was all good. Room really quiet, shower fab, bed pristine. Breakfast was fine, fab coffee & I am really fussy about coffee., juices, fruit, toast, cereal, pastries all good. We're from England & if we come again with a car, no doubt we'd stay again, ROCCO & ROSE made this stay a very happy one. Thank you Linka & Martin Charters x

Room Tip: We were in 205. Quiet, even though it's on Route 4.

Dear Sunlover6969(Mr./Mrs Charters)

It was a pleasure having you both at our hotel, while reading your survey in one of our meetings the staff are really happy that you took the time to acknowledge all their hard work and will use this as a motivating factor to continue to keep up the good work.
We look forward in seeing you again inthe near future and hope you keep warm(Rocco mentioned) this coming winter.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Great place to stay. We were in town to visit New York City sites and meet with friends and family on the New Jersey side. The staff was very helpful on transportation assistance on getting to were we wanted to go, and Rocca was gave us some great tips on places close by for dining and relaxing. Even though the motel is very close to the major roads, our room was quiet and relaxing.

Room Tip: we were in 246, the best in the motel

Dear John M

Thanks for staying with us while you were visiting the NY area, we are also grateful for all your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I had a real good experience at check in, Rocco did all that he could to get my room ready, I had gotten to the hotel early and with one call the room was going to be done in about 15 minutes. Thanks for your customer service I appreciated it after a long day of traveling.
The location of the hotel to Columbia Presbryterian was excellent. I didn't like the fact that there were no elevators. I was on the road for a week, this was my last stop. I had a large suitcase and a heavy briefcase with 2 computers. Rocco helped me with my bags upon check in but I had a real difficult time getting those bags down the stairs alone. I also didn't like the fact that you had to keep your drapes closed since the window looks out to the hallway. The bed was a little hard for my taste but the room was comfortable and clean. The air conditioning unit was very loud and my TV's volume was almost at it's highest it still didn't drown out that sound. I went out for dinner about a mile down the road, Route 4 Diner, which was excellent and it took me almost an hour to get back to the hotel. I had to make one of those jughandle U turns and then go back to the GW bridge and back on to Route 4. Traffic was a mess. There is no easy way to get back and forth to the hotel if you need to go out and get anything.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MrsHeartRN
fortleegm, General Manager at Best Western Fort Lee, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Dear Mrs HeartRN

I am sorry that myself and my team didnt meet your full expectations on your recent stay,our main goal is to ensure that all our guest have a memorable stay and would want to return with out hesitations.
Most of the problems you encountered are being worked on by our management team as we speak and i hope that you will give us a second chance when you do decide to visit our area again.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

this hotel was totally worth it to the amount i paid. Free parking, breakfast and WiFi. The staff (specially Rocco) was very helpful and friendly. the rooms were clean and functional. The only problem was arriving at the hotel. It was very difficult for me to find the hotel, because it has only one entrance and the GPS doesn't show 2300 Root 4. Its better to learn and look into the location before going there.

Other than that it was all great.

Room Tip: all are the same
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Farzin F

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 201-461-7000.

Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Picked it for location and allowing dogs. It's definitely old, and the room smelled mildewy, though my mold allergy did not act up at all. Cool to have the free breakfast and you can't beat the location.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear Fuzzlaw

Thanks for making us your hotel of choice on your recent visit to the NY/NJ area.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to personally apologise for not exceeding your expectations while you were with us, we arestill in the process of renovating our hotels and included in that renovations is the removal of several of our present room carpet.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity when you are in this area again.

Please call me personally at 201-461-7000 or email me at fortleegm@wnwhospitality.com.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is the first review I have written as I have little time. However, my experience was so positive I had to share. I was initially booked at the Marriott Glenpointe (super nice staff and great reviews), at $75 more per night, and wifi, breakfast AND parking were not included. So I decided to try the Best Western instead per a friends suggestion that knew the area. The manager was very thorough in providing directions to the hotel. When I arrived, the hallways appeared dated and I had some concerns but the room was spotless and had no funny smells and was non smoking as confirmed.
It had a couch, great tv, remote a/c and large clean bathroom. Furniture and rug can use updating but I felt it was quite clean given.
Comfortable bed (and I am picky), and the free wifi worked seamlessly. A complimentary breakfast was offered, even cookies/snacks at the lobby throughout the day with water, juice, tea or coffee. Upon departing during rush hour the manager so graciously offered me to follow him and directed me the best way back to the turnpike. Truthfully, I am a bit picky and often disappointed but I am sure this is where I will be staying for all future trips back to the area. I will personally thank them. Nice, helpful friendly staff and great experience. Will recommend to all friends.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Kgirl315

Thank you so much for taking time to complete a survey with such positive response,it was our pleasure to have made your trip very comfortable.

I am much more happier that you got home safely, because that evening weather conditions were not that flavorable for travelling.

I hope we will see you soon and i do appreciate you taking the time to complete this survey out of your busy schedule.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lee
Manhattan
Edge Hotel
Edge Hotel
#74 of 473 in New York City
Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park
#1 of 2 in Ridgefield Park

Been to Best Western Fort Lee? Share your experiences!