“mattress from hell”

Econo Lodge Fort Lee
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Fort Lee
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My husband , my grandson and myself stayed here on last minute reservations as a quick trip to Yankee Stadium, the convenience was excellent, the room poor by my standards. The employees were helpful and very courteous, the room less than satisfactory, I really would not recommend this place to my friends or family. The queen size mattress felt like we were going to collapse any minute, every time my husband got up I felt and heard the bed creak and crack and thought we might end up on the floor. The shower was far from being pleasant or relaxing not much hot water or pressure.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Fort Lee

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Well, I stayed here for 2 nights. The staff was very nice and helpful.The hotel was located near the city .I, as a guest had the right to use the hotel’s parking so I didn’t have to worry about my vehicle. The staff was excellent, helpful. The rooms are decent, equipped with air condition, heat, microwave, iron and iron board, satellite and cable TV, desk, refrigerator. Also the hotel has fast wireless connection so it was very helpful for me because I needed to check my e-mail and the social networks account and I connected with my friends and family abroad with ease. A lot of public transportation to move to the city.
It´s a really good price for this area
I will recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: According to me it is a good hotel. I don't have any negative experience to share... I like that...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Munni B
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Garmin got us right there, and you are literally by the GWBridge. Our room was comfortable and clean. The area seemed quite safe and there is a restaraunt right beside the hotel. At night we could see the Empire State building lit up. There is lots of loud noise from rumbling trucks on bridge....my husband was actually fascinated by this and loved it. Me? Not so entranced, but I did get some sleep. It was easy to get on the bridge the next day and make our way over to LongIsland. Seemed like a safe area and it certainly beat the costs of staying in NYC.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank ohdio1
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We booked this hotel for the location but quickly realized what a good decision it was. We were greeted by 1 girl at the front desk who were very pleasant and helpful. We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and never had a problem once. The room was a bit small but it was nice.......

Room Tip: It is a good motel because of its communication, rooms are quite small but it is good to stay. you w...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sarmila d
Reviewed May 21, 2014

need I say more than my title? just please stay away. it is so filthy and gross. I don't think sheets were ever changed. looked like Helen keller cleaned room. I had to leave. i'd rather sleep in my car. how this hotel is still in business is mind boggling and Im sure it has violated every health code possible. just awful awful awful. please stay away!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank elizabeth s
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Myself and a friend stayed here due to refusing to pay ridiculous prices to stay in NYC. Fort Lee was recommended by an acquaintance to stay at due to being a short little jaunt from town. It all sounded good in theory. That day, that former acquaintance became a sworn enemy. First things first, we arrived at the hotel at about 2 or 3 in the morning. As i came inside for the rooms keycard, i noticed to my right the "breakfast area", which was a table (no chairs) with some newspapers, magazines, and two cereal dispensers that looked like something you would see in a gerbil cage. i will never again eat Captain Crunch and/or Cocoa Puffs in fear that any individual piece of cereal may have been in those infamous containers at one point in their lives. Needless to say, there was a haphazardly taped sign on the cereal containers that cereal is only available "for breakfast". Darn, i really was jonesing for some cruddy cereal from antiquated canisters. Note sarcasm. Well on to the room. Being a 26 year old male i step in and get excited because we have a huge, decent looking 42ish inch flat screen hdtv. Again, being a male, i begin to rummage through the cupboards for the remote. After 10 or so minutes i gave up and resigned to just turn on the tv old school style and attempt to find some sports to watch. If it wasn't 2 in the morning i would've called and made a big deal about no remote, however, our search for the remote led us to find other things. By things, i mean giant scrapes on the wall in which all the paint was off and it was down to concrete, a giant black paint (i hope it was paint, please tell me it was paint) stain on the covers, the shower was looser than Lindsay Lohan, as simply turning it on or looking at it the wrong way would cause it to shake and quiver and half of the pipe was out of the wall, which probably did not help the cause. The only thing worse than the hotel was the trip we had taken to go to Wal Mart in North Bergen because we were hungry at around 3 or 4. But if i talk about how horrendous that trip was i would get all itchy and nauseous again. When we returned to the hotel we attempted to wash off the stank of North Bergen off of us (we dubbed it "the Berg"), however, the water pressure in above mentioned loose shower felt like 7 or 8 (maybe 9 max) little angels were tickling my back so it did not do a good job of cleansing myself. I slept in my jeans and long sleeve shirt in the hopes that whatever venereal disease residing in the bed did not know how to operate such things as zippers to be able to get to my body. My life changed that day. Do not let your life change. Find another hotel, its really not worth it here. To make matters worse, its not even much cheaper, and then all night you hear the freight train sound of the traffic on the bridge driving by. I always swore when i was a little boy i would never write reviews online because i thought it was a waste of time and what the heck do i care about strangers and where they go. Well this place changed my opinion and opened my mind. Have a great day. Its been about a week since this trip and i am slowly but surely getting better, and my psychologist says that i should be back to normal in a week or so when the manic depressant pills start to kick in. I cannot wait.

Room Tip: The best room is the one that is not at the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Carter K
Reviewed May 15, 2014

The only decent thing about this hotel is the location, it is literally 1 minute from the George Washington Bridge. That fact causes the first problem, enjoy listening to the late night truckers rumble over the bridge non-stop. And when I say rumble it sounds like an army of tanks rumbling over the front lines in a war. Now lets get to the room set-up. Two beds so uncomfortable that I'm sure federal prisoners would be insulted sleeping on them. Flat screen TV you say? No remote for said flat screen TV! Paint was not peeling off the wall, it was falling off the wall. There were some nice water spots on the ceiling, making me wonder if if the ceiling would fall on me while I slept. Then again with a room like this I was hoping to be put out of my misery. Onto the bathroom. Towels, stained towels no less, but no wash clothes. I'm pretty sure they replaced the toilet paper with industrial grade sandpaper. Don't even bother taking a shower there, the whole plumbing set-up was about to fall through the wall. I've stayed at some bad places before and never wrote a review but this crown jewel of disgust had to be written about. Avoid this hotel at all costs!

Room Tip: Sleep outside in a cardboard box for a more convenient stay.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Comfort Inn
#3 of 4 in Edgewater
Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park
Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood

Been to Econo Lodge Fort Lee? Share your experiences!