“WARNING HEALTH HAZARD!”

Econo Lodge Fort Lee
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Fort Lee
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was the worst hotel ever! Anything that could go wrong, did. The phone in the room didnt even work. The staff, including the owner, offered no apologies. Prostitution, old, run down rooms, clogged toilets, and stained sheets are just the first problems I encountered. There is no professionalism whats so ever..I paid 86.00 for one night..trust me when I tell you..its worth paying 30.00 or 40.00 more to stay down the road at the best western or something comparable. If you care the least about your health, dont stay there!

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank mamadoox4

Reviewed June 6, 2013

They should pay people to stay at this motel. Here's A FEW of the terrible details. A "no smoking room" is a room that has been smoked in and sprayed with cheap, heavy scented spray in an attempt to diguise the smoke. The highway/road noise is so loud, nothing (fan on high, tv on loud, ipod music earphones used simultaneously) cannot block out. Vehicles hitting potholes shake the building. An overnight stay resulted in no sleep whatsoever. The office said the noise subsides after midnight .... NOT! The room is tiny and badly in need of some updating. The bedframe had a protruding bar which impaled me a couple of times before I blocked it with something to remind me it stuck out. Their was a huge piece of door sill missing and we had to stuff towels in the opening to prevent the cold, noise and whatever from entering. The bathroom, make that bathcloset, is so small your knees touch the sink cabinet while using the commode, which ran constantly. A check of the poorly made bed (sheets not tucked in & no blanket) showed hair obviously belonging to someone else. I stayed in my street clothes, afraid to expose any skin to the bedding. At the crack of dawn we high-tailed it out of there and I hope that this review is my last memory of the "Motel From Hell!"

Room Tip: Go someplace else!!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Speakup_7
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I walked across America with two friends, from San Francisco to New York City. This is the very last place we stayed at on our trip, The Great American Walkabout. It is right next to the George Washington Bridge, and is the closest hotel to New York City that is not actually in the city. That means it is affordable, at about a third of the prices you will find directly across the bridge. I also have found that rooms in the city are more cramped and dirtier. Our room was fairly large, it had two huge king beds, and while the bathroom was pretty small, the room was large enough for three of us. Compared to what we found just across the bridge, this place was actually pretty great.

They had a basic breakfast in the lobby in the morning, with cereal and some danishes, coffee and orange juice. It was a pretty basic setup, but still great for the location and the price. I would recommend this place to anyone trying to see New York on a budget, as the cheap and run down hotels in the city can cost over $200 a night, for bad service and bed bugs. Stay here instead, save some money, and take advantage of the size.

Room Tip: Tell them The Great American Walkabout sent you!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Don't stay at this run down motel ever. The rooms are terrible and there are prostitutes everywhere. There is no manager on duty and the staff doesn't speak English.

This motel should be shut down. It's a health hazard

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kay J
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. The receptionist was surly and not helpful. The room was small and not very clean. There was no closet, just a rack with hangers that was attached to the TV unit . There was a small refrigerator under the rack so you could not even hang a coat there. The bathroom was amazingly small and some of the wallpaper was held on with tape. There were people hanging around outside late at night who were quite frankly, frightening. We stacked our luggage by the door in case someone tried to break in. And besides all that, it was right at the foot of the George Washington Bridge and extremely noisey all night. We barely slept and left before 5AM just to get out.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HeadingSouth2013
Reviewed August 31, 2012

This morning of August 31,2012 i went with my husband just to sleep very tired of driving sooo many hrs and decided to stay at this location. Around 3:00 am we found an insect that is called 100ft; as well of BED BUGS, alot of them. After we had our horrible hrs of sleep, was searching the sheets and pillow covers and they all have black dots from previous bed bugs. Dont even bother staying in this Hotel/motel. I

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Ylanunez29
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in August because we were going to see the Yankees and the Mets play.
Its a good location, right near the George Washington Bridge. However if your not driving across, do be aware that they apparently "lock" the bridge at midnight to people walking which can make it a huge hassel to get back because cabs don't like to go back to New Jersey as we found out.

If your a light sleeper, maybe not the best place to stay. It was a bit noisey sometimes from the traffic on the bridge. However thats not something the hotel has any control over. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. The wifi worked fine, as for the breakfast I wasn't up in time for it, so I can't comment on that!

For the price, I would come back. You get what you pay for and all I wanted was a clean room and a comfy bed and thats what I got.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 4 in Edgewater

Been to Econo Lodge Fort Lee? Share your experiences!