See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We are from an upstate Radio Station " La Mega 90.9 F.M. " and go to N.Y.C. often during the summer months. this facility is always available when booking. the front desk girls are very friendly, the cleaning ladies remind me of being home because everytime we go, they will take a few minutes to speak to us in a very friendly manner. this last trip 7/7/2012, was fairly well i noticed a new t.v. in the room, the refrigerator and microwave had to be replaced from another room by myself since it was the weekend i guess, a leak in the bathroom in room 203, but for a few days we did with what we had

Room Tip: we always ask for the upper balcony front rooms
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Clean rooms in the shadow of the GWB. Great value. Room had no tv remote and no coffee maker, but did have hairdryer, fridge and microwave. Coffee available in the office. Had nice postcard with a dozen local restaurants and a grocer on one side and a Manhattan subway map on the other (nice!). It was a quiet night and some "loading dock noise" could be heard (heavy metal bangs). While I grew up across a river from a train yard and currently have a train that passes within 1/4mile of my home, the noise did not bother me, but it might some who it is not familiar to.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank ilively
Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

Ok this is an older motel, which could use up dating. The staff are friendly, and work hard. The location is great if your looking at bicycling over the George Washington bridge. The hotel is just across the street to the walk path over the bridge. We wanted to bike NYC this time. So we took this hotel, which s extremely budget friendly.

PROS:
1) budget friendly.
2) if your using bridge - perfect location
3) clean rooms
4) stores around the corner - east access
5) access to NYC buses - which we never used.

CONS:
1) TV in room was old and needs to be replaced.
2) bathroom are closet size. If your a large person good luck using the toilet which is up against the sink.
3) always had to go down to get towels. Cleaning staff wash on site. Therefore it's a constant cleaning process for them, not their fault.
4) no face cloths.
5) location looks shady, but never any issues, our vehicle was left a lone, and we walked around at night - no problems.

In conclusion, I would consider returning again. When I travel all of my time is spent outside. This hotel was ok to sleep at night, get up, shower and then split. If you spend time in your hotel go some where else.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank kurtfraser70
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I was on a business trip and stayed here i was pleasently suprised the room was cossy and
comfortable, the bed was king , microwave, air cond, clean bathroom, wifi, 32 inc tv was great
and in my opionion the best price hotel in the area at $65/night you really can go wrong!!! Plus 5 min away from NY city, and AP grocery 5m away!! really quite and safe area,

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Shrief N
Reviewed May 22, 2012

So I searched several sites, sorted by user ratings and took a chance. Last time I do that. The first room had the windows open and a non-functional air conditioner. Room number 2 did cool down, but the TV didn't work and the toilet wouldn't stop running. Room number 3 had filthy rugs and a smokey, stale smell, but too tired to care at this point. The front desk young lady was very friendly with no attitude, but seemingly aware that a lot of the rooms shouldn't be used. Spend the extra bucks and go somewhere else. You get what you pay for. Lesson learned...again!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo