See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

Ok this is an older motel, which could use up dating. The staff are friendly, and work hard. The location is great if your looking at bicycling over the George Washington bridge. The hotel is just across the street to the walk path over the bridge. We wanted to bike NYC this time. So we took this hotel, which s extremely budget friendly.

PROS:
1) budget friendly.
2) if your using bridge - perfect location
3) clean rooms
4) stores around the corner - east access
5) access to NYC buses - which we never used.

CONS:
1) TV in room was old and needs to be replaced.
2) bathroom are closet size. If your a large person good luck using the toilet which is up against the sink.
3) always had to go down to get towels. Cleaning staff wash on site. Therefore it's a constant cleaning process for them, not their fault.
4) no face cloths.
5) location looks shady, but never any issues, our vehicle was left a lone, and we walked around at night - no problems.

In conclusion, I would consider returning again. When I travel all of my time is spent outside. This hotel was ok to sleep at night, get up, shower and then split. If you spend time in your hotel go some where else.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank kurtfraser70
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I was on a business trip and stayed here i was pleasently suprised the room was cossy and
comfortable, the bed was king , microwave, air cond, clean bathroom, wifi, 32 inc tv was great
and in my opionion the best price hotel in the area at $65/night you really can go wrong!!! Plus 5 min away from NY city, and AP grocery 5m away!! really quite and safe area,

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Shrief N
Reviewed May 22, 2012

So I searched several sites, sorted by user ratings and took a chance. Last time I do that. The first room had the windows open and a non-functional air conditioner. Room number 2 did cool down, but the TV didn't work and the toilet wouldn't stop running. Room number 3 had filthy rugs and a smokey, stale smell, but too tired to care at this point. The front desk young lady was very friendly with no attitude, but seemingly aware that a lot of the rooms shouldn't be used. Spend the extra bucks and go somewhere else. You get what you pay for. Lesson learned...again!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank EastCoastGo
Reviewed February 28, 2012

The Econo Lodge in Fort Lee, NJ is comfortable and convenient spot to stay in. The location is perfect. It's less than 5 minutes away from the George Washington Bridge, providing easy access to New York City from New Jersey. Great option, if on budge; avoid extremely high priced hotels in NYC. Room are clean, adquate, and comfortable. Rooms come with TV w/ cable; microwave, refrigerator, cabinet drawers, continental breakfast, everything you need to enjoy your stay. Service is good, the staff does their best to accommadate requests. For $80 bucks a night in the Tri-State area, can't beat it. Strongly recommend this spot (Hotel).

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Vincent S S
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I needed to stay in NJ for one night only, for the price i wasnt expecting 5-star service, you get a feeling for the service if you call and ask a question as I did. But i wasnt looking to spend 100.00 in a hotel. But for the price it was, the room was clean, the blankets, the pillowcases were clean. I was a little worried about bed bugs, nothing happened thank God. I made the reservation, got there at around 11pm, I am female college student, and they lady was nice enough to give me a room near the lobby or reservation area. So that was super nice, the heat worked.. Not 5-star hotel but def you get what you pay for, one night its enough. I just made sure i brought my own pillowcase. So, yes, do not expect 31/2 or 5-star service. You get what you paid for. And everything was clean, tv , heat and bathroom worked just fine.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
at49, Manager at Econo Lodge Fort Lee, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2011

Dear Marilyn,

I appreciate your taking the time to give us your positive feedback. Our sincerest goal is to provide good value to all customers which include nice, clean rooms and quality amenities. We realize that we are not a Marriot or other 5 star brand but at the same time we strive to be the best EconoLodge property we can be.

To address your concerns about bedbugs, we also realize that bedbugs, though harmless, are a scourge in the hotel industry. For this reason, we have a National Pest Control company do pre-emptive inspections/spraying of all rooms once a month for all pests including bedbugs. Also, we address any complaints about bedbugs in a room immediately as soon as we hear the complaint by having our maintenance person inspect the room and treat it with industrial strength bedbug sprays(should bedbugs be found).

As I mentioned above, it is our sincerest goal to be the best EconoLodge brand hotel that we can be and to provide clean rooms at affordable prices to all guests and we have taken all appropriate measures to do that.

Andy Tamakuwala