“A Neighborhood Gem”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

This is a restaurant that has been around for quite a while in Fort Lee. I had been here many years ago and forgot about it, but my recent visit was actually better than I remembered it.

To start with, the service is excellent. They are friendly, attentive, and quite fast. It definitely feels like a friendly neighborhood restaurant and the decor is nothing extraordinary, but certainly comfortable. They start you off with garlic bread and follow it with salad, which were both good but nothing to write home about.

We tried the garlic shrimp and grilled calamari for apps, and again, not the best, but pretty good. The portions are pretty good though. As for the entrees, that is where the meal really came together. The penne ala vodka was good, but the filet of sole oreganato was very tasty. The linguine with clams was also surprisingly very good. And the other members in my party ordered the sea bass and fettuccine, and both were very happy with their meals. And the portions were pretty good too.

I'd say that the overall rating is a 4 because service is 5 stars, food is 4 stars, and the atmosphere is also 4 stars. I'd also give the overall value 4 stars as well. So all in all, a 4 star experience. But I will say that for a restaurant in NJ, it's pretty darn good. Definitely will be back.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed September 16, 2018

This upscale steakhouse is somewhat pretentious, and is rather pricey, but the food is good and the atmosphere is sufficiently upscale that, if you want to spend a lot of money in Fort Lee, you could come here and have a pretty good meal. I am nearly deaf, and found the noise level uncomfortably high due to lack of sound insulation.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

We went here on a Friday afternoon with a small group for a luncheon. We ordered from a small lunch menu with the daily specials. The staff was friendly and attentive. The entrees were well prepared and served promptly. The bread, salad, and vegetables that accompanied the entrees were served family style with more than ample portions. After the main course, dessert was also included, but it wasn't much to write about. My main complaint (if I have one) is with the parking. It seems they offer valet parking, but the limited space in the back of the restaurant doesn't work well for that. We had to park in a municipal metered parking lot , which wasn't all that convenient. But, overall, it was a pleasant experience.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

I would give this great restaurant 5 stars but the inside needs better lighting. The staff is quick, very friendly and polite. The house salad is HUGE, very fresh and delicious. Hubby had eggplant rollatini and l had penne pomodoro. Delicious! Large port. Simple but nice wine selection. Everything very fairly priced.

In the front is the bar for drinks or meals. That area was very busy. It’s also better lit.

There are a few outdoor tables. Very nice.

Leave a bit of time for parking.

We enjoyed it very much. We visited again with friends.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 22, 2018

I grew up eating fine food in Manhattan. Sammy Gnazzo is the chef at "In Napoli". He learned his trade at Luchow's on 14th Street in Manhattan. Food here is exceptional. Atmosphere and service are great. Drinks are enjoyable. They have nice daily specials.
Great place to hang out with the family.

Date of visit: December 2017

Been to In Napoli? Share your experiences!