“Terrible Never again”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street Building No:200
Transit: New Jersey Transit Bus 158, 156 & 159 and MTA Train, A, C line to Washington Heights and transfer to NJ Transit Bus across G.W.B (Bridge)
Description: " Cuisine does not measure itself in terms of tradition or modernity,one must read in it the tenderness of the chef"
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Where do I start. THE WORST SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED.
I took my Fiance to Khloe Bistrot of Valentines day. I knew that dinner would be over priced and service would be a little slower but nothing like we experienced. We had an 8PM seating. Our appetizers got there around 8:45 which was fine. Our entree did not get to the table until almost 10:30. From around 9 to 10:30 we were told by 3 different waiters it would be right out. When the entrees did finally come the sides we ordered did not come with them. We had to flag someone down and we were given the same excuse as before, " They will be right out". After we finished or meals we looked around and there were people who were seated at at the same time as us just getting their appetizers. We decided that we didnt want the sided, we just wanted to go home. It took around 25 minutes to get the check.
Also the only thing they serve to drink is water. Which seemed like pulling teeth to get.
We had asked during the nite if we could just pay for the appetizers and leave. I was told that they would change the full amount to my credit card of $75 a person.

To top everything off they canceled our reservation thru open table so I could not write a review there.

NEVER AGAIN.

1  Thank chris h

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We really liked this restaurant and it is a definite, "We're coming back." The menu is well-chosen and has something for everyone, including meat-eaters and vegetarians. We ordered the onion soup (fantastic), frogs legs (my husband loved them), lamb shank (cooked beautifully with a wonderful sauce), butternut squash soup (velvety smooth) and the beet salad (a beautiful tower of al dente beets and goat cheese).The service is friendly, attentive and they want you to really enjoy the whole experience. People are getting to know this spot, so make a reservation. BYOB if you want to have alcohol. Sit back and enjoy.

1  Thank Mary H
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Antique variety of tables, chairs and drinkware create a fun feel to an excellent restaurant. We meet as a family and had brunch. We had a variety from crab cakes to risotto, to poached eggs. Everything was well made, tasty and balanced. The service was attentive and helpful

2  Thank Mike H
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Had brunch here today. Wonderful menu. Excellent decor and staff. Our meals were excellent, with great service!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Khloe Bistrot is a small storefront with an open kitchen and is furnished with antiques that are all unique. I was impressed with the attentive and pleasant service (Emily) We were warmly greeted at the door and sat down to a very delicious and relaxing evening. Our waitress told us the specials however, we ordered from the menu. The beet appetizer with goat cheese was amazing! Salad and escargot were also quite tasty. The signature chicken and lamb just seemed to disappear from our plates! We completed the evening with two desert recommendations from Emily and were not disappointed! This is a BYOB establishment.