“Amish Roasted Chicken”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street Building No:200
Transit: New Jersey Transit Bus 158, 156 & 159 and MTA Train, A, C line to Washington Heights and transfer to NJ Transit Bus across G.W.B (Bridge)
Description: " Cuisine does not measure itself in terms of tradition or modernity,one must read in it the tenderness of the chef"
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Nice ambiance for a small Fort Lee restaurant.

The good: The Montrachet Salad has 4 large shrimp, Fried Goat Cheese over Arugula with a warm creamy dressing. The Signature Amish Roasted Chicken is perfectly roasted served over a root vegetable hash is excellent. For desert and apple strudel with chocolate sauce.

The not so good: This is a small place where the kitchen is somewhat exposed to the restaurant. They don't have proper ventilation so the smoke from many dishes tends to leak into the restaurant which can be overwhelming at times. They had to leave the door open when a steak was cooking to air the place out.

Great service. I would go back. Reserve a table in the back away from the kitchen.

1  Thank Clubcoco1

Reviewed March 13, 2013

My sister lives in Fort Lee, and I eat only organic meat. I did some research and found a review which stated that the restaurant serves only organic meats. I verified this at the restaurant, but for unknown reasons, they do not advertise this! I had the tri-colore salad and the Berkshire pork with puréed potatoes. Imagine the creamiest mashed potatoes you've ever had, and these would be even better! My sister had the PEI mussels and the beet Napoleon. The best way to describe the beets is "just luscious". The service was good, but there was one thing which kept me from giving this restaurant 5 out of 5 as a rating. We ordered sparkling water and the waiter filled our glasses with water and left the bottle. When our glasses were empty, he brought another bottle and filled our glasses without asking if we wanted more. Then we were charged $14.00 for 2 bottles of water. I paid the bill without incident, but with paying $6.00 for a cup of Earl Grey tea, my sister correctly reminded me that I spent $20.00 on water!

1  Thank Jezziebones
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Khloe is a cute, eclectic and interesting restaurant we always enjoy. Seasonal farm to table foods carefully prepared. The owners are always there and serve you so it's the best service you can find. Being it is Byob , it is a real bargain too. My favorite dishes are their smoked trout, shrimp salad, mussels and truffle fries. My only reason for 4 stars is that the desserts could be much better. We've tried every dessert on the menu and only the pot de creme is good. If they got a pastry chef to recreate that aspect of the menu 5 stars it is!

1  Thank Robyn W
Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

Food was delicious. Went there with friends. I would just have to say that the three times we went the place had a perfumey smell in the entire restaurant that made my food taste a bit perfumey which is why we haven't gone back. Otherwise service was great. Friendly staff. Nice atmosphere.

1  Thank Justustwohoneys
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Went there late, and unlike most places, we really felt welcome.
Frisée aux lardons was excellent.
Organic chicken, beautiful.
Pot de creme for dessert.
Highly recommended