“Good food but noisy”

Dining options: Reservations
Barnegat, New Jersey
“Good food but noisy”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

My wife and I went to K&A's with four friends. We had reservations and we were seated immediately, the wait service was friendly and efficient going over the specials and other options. The food came in a timely manner with a nice presentation. The food was very good and one of our group who is a soup expert said the soup was excellent. Unfortunately, the restaurant is small-think smaller insider then a 7/11, it was crowded and very noisy, making conversations difficult.

Go but go on a weeknight when it should be less crowded and not as noisy.

• Visited March 2014

Bayville, New Jersey
“Kate and Ally's fine dining sort of”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Kate and Ally's. fine dining SORT OF. Went there for Valentines day and felt rushed the whole meal. Our check was at our table before the desert showed up. It looks like they were trying to have to many sittings in one night. We like the food there and go about 6 times per year. They try to portray themselves as fine dining but the fine dining restaurants I go to do not rush you out the door. That's my only complaint. It was not a relaxing experience.

• Visited February 2014
nj
“Very good”
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

First time to Kate and Ally's and was very pleasantly surprised. I had the special ossobuco and it was great. My sister had short ribs and they were fabulous. Service was excellent. The only issue was we told the waiter that we would like separate checks ( before we ordered) and he said no problem. When the bill came they said they couldn't give us separate checks, but they would split the bill and we could pay individually. Don't understand why they couldn't give each of us a bill. Will return.

Visited October 2013
TR, NJ
“Excellent Dinner and Excellent Service”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

The outside of this restaurant is very deceiving. We walked into and room that was warm and welcoming. Server were polite and help full in helping us make our food selections. We had the calimari, tender and served with a tasty sauce. The salad was crisp and a good size, there was a selection of dressing. Entrees were, double cut pork chop and shrimp with crabmeat imperial. The pork chop was tender and juicy, shrimp were large and plenty of crabmeat. There were a number of entrees that I could have ordered because so many of them appealed to me. This restaurant is a BYOB, accepts reservations but, is only open for business Thursday to Sunday. We are looking forward to returning to Kate & Ally's real soon, we really enjoyed our meal.

• Visited September 2013
Farmingdale
“Specials price not so special”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Well, it's my own fault for not asking price before ordering but was with a group and felt uncomfortable to ask. Specials were double the normal menu items which is a bit unreasonable. Service was excellent and most food items were good. The She Crap soup was out of this world, calamari app was non descript, lobster app was ok but it was more the sauce then the lobster, rack of lamb was excellent and plentiful, seafood stew was good, and the pasta special with seafood was not very good as it was a bit watery and was suppose to have prosciutto but I did not find any. I might return but will only order menu items. I really don't like when your not told what the specials cost - they are not the only ones that do this but I think its a bit deceptive.

• Visited October 2013