“Great food long wait!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Brigantine, New Jersey
“Great food long wait!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Enjoyed the 2 for 25 dinner deal. Appetizer took over 25 minutes to arrive and came up luke warm at best. Minestrone soup was delicious but came 10 minutes after apps. Entree was great but unfortunately enjoyed the majority without a beverage. Great food but 2 servers overwhelmed by full dining room.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Mortonc08

“One Sauce Fits All”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Anyone who reads my reviews knows my hubby is a pizza connoisseur and we have had pizza at almost every place from Cape May to Belmar, and this one did not make the cut. Aside from their generic pizza with a cornmeal bottom, their food and atmosphere is sucky. You go in and everyone stares at you for a while until someone asks you if you want to sit. Once you make it to the teenie tiny sitting area, you're in for it. Three of us went and ordered three completely different dishes: Chicken alla prosciutto, linguini with clams, and scarpiello. They all were just the exact same sauce plated over different things. I am well aware that many places use a base sauce and elaborate, but this was no elaboration; We had three meals that looked different but tasted exactly the same. We also ordered the Napoli quesadilla for an appetizer and they brought us a soggy mess. I would never go here again for an actual sit down meal. Their subs and other easy take-out stuff might be okay, but stay away from their dinners.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank NursesNotes
New Jersey
“Great value for good food!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The friendly staff added to the surprisingly good experience we had at Via Napoli. The restaurant offers 2 full course dinners for $25 during most of the week. It is excellent! We took half of the food home because the portions are large. Bread, salad, main course and dessert for 2 for $25 is amazing. I have been to Italy twice and know good ethnic food. This is "it". BYOB. Enjoy!

• Visited April 2013
Waretown, New Jersey
“Great Italian at the Shore”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

In looking through Restaurants.com, you always look for new places to try, especially when you can get the meal discounted. Well, this place is fabulous and i'm sure we'll be back more than once a month with our coupon in hand. Via Napoli is a true find for great Italian at the Jersey Shore.

Located on Rt 9, the old coast highway in Forked River, the ONLY negative I have is parking. We had to do a "create-a-space" since there are only about 8 lined spaces in front. But, it was worth the risk to park along the drive.

We went in to just try it out, we can always find something on an Italian menu. We ordered things we commonly like, Chicken Parmesan, Penne in Vodka sauce and Shrimp Marinara-Fra Diavalo. But before the main course, we were served what appeared to be tomato pie appetizers and rolls. We also ordered garlic knots, which were great as well. A little chicken orzo soup instead of salad, and what a great choice.

The Penne and Chicken Parm hit the spot for my family, but I was literally blown away by the Shrimp Marinara Fra-Diavalo (Diablo on the menu). It was a full red sauce (Fra-Diavalo usually has a cream added), and it was truly a spicy delight. I rarely get something that I want spicy hot that I don't end up adding more dried red peppers. I immediately put the peppers back and just added some fresh parmesan cheese and dug in. Hot, spicy and full of flavor is just the only way to describe this dish.

We were also thrilled with the family menu, a four course meal for $25. An appetizer for two soup or salad, two entrees and two desserts. Can't wait go back and try this dinner for two.

Try this place if you truly enjoy Italian when you visit our NJ Shore.

• Visited February 2013