“Great value for good food!”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
New Jersey
“Great value for good food!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The friendly staff added to the surprisingly good experience we had at Via Napoli. The restaurant offers 2 full course dinners for $25 during most of the week. It is excellent! We took half of the food home because the portions are large. Bread, salad, main course and dessert for 2 for $25 is amazing. I have been to Italy twice and know good ethnic food. This is "it". BYOB. Enjoy!

• Visited April 2013

Waretown, New Jersey
“Great Italian at the Shore”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

In looking through Restaurants.com, you always look for new places to try, especially when you can get the meal discounted. Well, this place is fabulous and i'm sure we'll be back more than once a month with our coupon in hand. Via Napoli is a true find for great Italian at the Jersey Shore.

Located on Rt 9, the old coast highway in Forked River, the ONLY negative I have is parking. We had to do a "create-a-space" since there are only about 8 lined spaces in front. But, it was worth the risk to park along the drive.

We went in to just try it out, we can always find something on an Italian menu. We ordered things we commonly like, Chicken Parmesan, Penne in Vodka sauce and Shrimp Marinara-Fra Diavalo. But before the main course, we were served what appeared to be tomato pie appetizers and rolls. We also ordered garlic knots, which were great as well. A little chicken orzo soup instead of salad, and what a great choice.

The Penne and Chicken Parm hit the spot for my family, but I was literally blown away by the Shrimp Marinara Fra-Diavalo (Diablo on the menu). It was a full red sauce (Fra-Diavalo usually has a cream added), and it was truly a spicy delight. I rarely get something that I want spicy hot that I don't end up adding more dried red peppers. I immediately put the peppers back and just added some fresh parmesan cheese and dug in. Hot, spicy and full of flavor is just the only way to describe this dish.

We were also thrilled with the family menu, a four course meal for $25. An appetizer for two soup or salad, two entrees and two desserts. Can't wait go back and try this dinner for two.

Try this place if you truly enjoy Italian when you visit our NJ Shore.

• Visited February 2013