“Six cars in parking lot compared to 200 across street at Caffrey's”
Review of Rella's - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rella's
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This location was formerly Charlie Brown's. Empty for a year it is now Rella's
Forked River, New Jersey
“Six cars in parking lot compared to 200 across street at Caffrey's”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Nice people, nice atmosphere, but menu is mediocre at best. A couple of good entries, but not a lot of consistency. For reasons unknown, no restaurant has ever been able to make a success of this location (this is the fourth since we've been coming to Forked River), despite the fact that Caffrey's Tavern across the street is busy every night. I don't expect Rella's to make it for the long run. Maybe "five" is the charm!

• Visited March 2013

Waretown, New Jersey
“Nice Casual Meal for Four”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I was disappointed when I found out that the Charlie Brown's had closed. But Rella's revives the location and provided a nice dinner out for a friends get together.

We all had different items from the menu and there were a host of specials on the board. I asked for one of the specials made "slightly different" and was quickly accommodated. Food was tasty, but nothing significantly outstanding. Our friends had highly recommended this for our foursome, however, I didn't find anything that "wow'd" me to make it a regular place to visit.

Prices were good, but there just seemed to be something missing. We did get a little distracted by some of the noise from the bar area and it was a bit cooler than I would have liked for a dining room experience. That said, I'll give it another try in the Spring, and will re-post the experience from then. Meanwhile, I'll give this a average rating, OK, but nothing spectacular.

• Visited December 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Slow service from the start, then they were in a rush to get you out the door when we were done.”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Place was empty when we got there, 3 of us . Very slow service, bread was cold and hard. Food was terrible.
Prices were above average, for leases than mediocre food.
They will be gone in 6 months.

1 Thank holygst
Pompton Plains, New Jersey
“Horrible Service and Food”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

this place has the worst service. went to get a drink with a few friends and the bartender was clueless. he was to busy either talkin to other employees or looking at his phone. Food was also bad and came out cold... Forget this place theres so many other good spots in Lacey

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank miguel c
Forked River, New Jersey
“Never went back”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I went shortly after they had their "soft opening" for lunch. The
Waitress was very nice, but stayed at our table talking (about herself) way too much!
The food was not good, nor was the old Charlie Browns decor...Since it was new in
Our town we figured we would give it a chance...Bad Decision...haven't been back since
And won't be back...don't waste your money

• Visited September 2012