“Twin Brother Restaurant”

Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Fresh and delicious seafood year round
Description: Fresh and delicious seafood year round
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We have been major fans of the Mud City in Manahawkin, so we had great anticipation when we decided to go to the new location in Forked River. We were not disappointed at our recent visit.

When we entered, we were very surprised to find a very small eating area. It's one of the biggest complaints I've heard from friends that took our advice for the other location, given the summertime wait time. But, since it's September, we were pleased to find tables available for the four of us, right away.

The menu was 98% seafood, so great for the seafood lover. A burger and roasted chicken were the only two items on the entree menu I spotted for the land lubber, although there was also a chicken caesar salad available. I was happy to see most of the favorites on the menu, but it was not quite as robust as the Manahawkin location, but very doable. Two of us opted for a special, which was pretty tasty. The "burger" person was quite satisfied with the large burger, the fixins and the fried shrimp dish that made up the fourth meal was excellent.

All in all, the service was good, the single waitress was quite attentive and the menu for seafood lovers, perfect. It will be interesting to see the place at the height of summer when everything is busy, but the great thing we noted, this location will be year round, unlike the "twin brother" in Manahawkin that takes 8 months off each year to hibernate.

There are newer reviews for Mud City Crab Cake Company

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I always frequented the LBI location and so enjoyed the fresh seafood served in a casual atmosphere. Was thrilled when the Forked River location opened as it is 3 minutes from my home!!! Food is fabulous, service is great AND you can BYOB! Highly recommend, what else?, the crab cakes! But fresh fish choices are also over the top!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Not nearly as good as their other locations. Service and food are not up to the same standard as Mud City Crap house in Manahawkin.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

There are two Mud City locations. I was at Manahawkin New Jersey. Great food, had crabcakes and seafood with pasta (similar to Fra Diavolo). Very friendly staff. Will absolutely go back.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

My wife and I have been coming to NJ for many years to visit her parents who live in Bayville. We have tried Mud City before, and have had mixed results. The first time was excellent, but the second time we went in December was not good. We decided to give them another try because I had a craving for clam strips.

The restaurant is small, and there was only one server, but she did a great job welcoming us in, getting us menus and drinks, and then serving our food. She was busy, but she knew how to handle it.

My wife had the shrimp bisque soup, and she said it was amazing. I had a little taste, and it had little bits of shrimp added to the delicious soup, and it was a great start.

We both had clam strips, and 2 sides came with them. The strips were tasty, not rubbery, and a good portion. All the sides were well made flavorful. I especially liked the cocktail sauce that they had. It is obvious that they make it fresh, and it added a great flavor to the strips and fries.

The meal was very enjoyable, and we will be back again next year. Keep up the good work!