“Great Getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Forked River
Inn at Rivers Edge Marina
Ranked #1 of 2 Forked River B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 11, 2012

One of the most relaxing places I've ever stayed. Nice place for a retreat from the world. Granted there isn't much going on in the off season in Jersey, but we were busy every day with either sight seeing or visiting family in the area. Bob and Patty, gave is plenty of information about the area and awesome breakfasts too, while relaxing in the living room overlooking the marina. Stayed in the Captain's Suite and it's worth the extra cost. Slept as good as I do at home. After a days of running around, you can walk across the a parking lot to the Captain's Inn Tiki Bar or cross the road to the Captain's Inn. Went to both and they are excellent too. We will return here whenever we are visiting the area in the future.

Room Tip: Captain's Suite all the way, more room and has a mini fridge for the leftovers you'll have f...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank James W
There are newer reviews for Inn at Rivers Edge Marina

Reviewed November 12, 2011

I love it there!!! Can't help myself, been there twice now and looking forward to coming back again!!
The owners are so nice, really helpful, and the house is really well equiped and spotless clean.
A very nice restaurant and a pub are at walking distance which is the perfect plan for a night out with your partner and/or friends.
You can reach Atlantic city in less than an hour if you feel like gambling, and New York city in less than 2hours on Sundays, really great spot!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I stayed at the Inn at Rivers Edge Marina for two nights last weekend.

I was in the area for work, but with the relaxing atmosphere of the Inn, the marina and the welcoming hospitality of Bob and Patty, I couldn't help feel like I was on holiday.

They've done the place up very well - it's immaculately clean, tidy and also very homely.
I felt comfortable enough either to hang out on my own, or with the friendly owners (Bob has some amazing stories about his life).

Patty cooked amazing breakfasts - traditional fare but with 5-star fancy twists - better than anything else I'd eaten during my 8 days in the States - 6 of them being in New York!

The Inn is literally right next to a restaurant and bar for dinner, and on the river-front, but if you want to go anywhere else you really need a car - there's no public transport, and though you can call for a cab, they might not be available!

You can of course try out one of Bob's kayaks or go-karts - which are awesome!

Room Tip: There are two rooms over-looking the marina, with balconies, one of which, where I stayed, is larger...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Elliot M
Reviewed August 23, 2011

My husband and I stayed here with our dear friends hereas we were in the area to take sailing lessons together at Barnegat Bay Sailing School. The inn was indeed the perfect place to relax after a long day of sailing lessons. Our kind gave us such special service (they made us a delicious pancake breakfast at 6:30am in order to get to our sailing school by 8AM); the accommodations were also just as advertised: charming, immaculate and cozy. The Captain's suite is definitely the nicest room so try to reserve it if your budget allows but all the rooms are lovely and the beds are extremely luxurious. We certainly will be back when we are in the area again to take our next course. Thank you to Bob and to Patty for taking such good care of us; and to Jane, their Australian Shepherd who gave us such a warm welcome as well. This is a great place to come with family and friends!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank townandcountrymaven
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Bob was great! Rooms were very clean and he made a great breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Donnak85
Reviewed May 4, 2010

I decided to take my husband away for his birthday and chose this B&B because it looked so lovely. I also wanted to to take my husband fishing, which we did. Bob and Pat were gracious hosts and their home was very clean and had so much charm. You certainly do not have to worry about going hungry. The breakfasts were outstanding and very filling! In walking distance there is a restaurant and outside tiki bar. What's nice is you are off of Rt. 9, which is quite congested, but when you reach this B&B. . .it's very tranquil.
We will definitely return!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank july
Reviewed December 14, 2009

Absolutely loved this place!! Bob and Patty are the sweetest, kindest, and most thoughtful people... the kind you barely ever meet! I came for a weekend with my boyfriend to surprise him on his birthday, and Bob offered to have a dozen red roses waiting for us when we arrive, so just like he said, the red roses were waiting for us in our room - beautiful!! I also mentioned that my boyfriend loooves chocolate, so Bob and Patty also had chocolate dipped strawberries for us in our room!!! What a great way to start a romantic weekend getaway!! Also, I am diabetic, so they prepared a (delicious) special breakfasts that I could eat without any problems. I was amazed!!

We stayed at the Captain's Suite for a great price. The room was beautiful with a jacuzzi and a patio overlooking the water. I'm not one to normally write reviews, but this place was so great that I think everyone should know about this hidden gem!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
#4 of 11 in Toms River
Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River
Drifting Sands Oceanfront Motel

Been to Inn at Rivers Edge Marina? Share your experiences!