“Wonderfully Warm Welcome and Boating Galore on the NJ Shore”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Forked River
Inn at Rivers Edge Marina
Ranked #1 of 2 Forked River B&B and Inns
New York City
“Wonderfully Warm Welcome and Boating Galore on the NJ Shore”
Reviewed August 23, 2011

My husband and I stayed here with our dear friends hereas we were in the area to take sailing lessons together at Barnegat Bay Sailing School. The inn was indeed the perfect place to relax after a long day of sailing lessons. Our kind gave us such special service (they made us a delicious pancake breakfast at 6:30am in order to get to our sailing school by 8AM); the accommodations were also just as advertised: charming, immaculate and cozy. The Captain's suite is definitely the nicest room so try to reserve it if your budget allows but all the rooms are lovely and the beds are extremely luxurious. We certainly will be back when we are in the area again to take our next course. Thank you to Bob and to Patty for taking such good care of us; and to Jane, their Australian Shepherd who gave us such a warm welcome as well. This is a great place to come with family and friends!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank townandcountrymaven

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Morris Plains, New Jersey
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Bob was great! Rooms were very clean and he made a great breakfast.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Donnak85
Manchester Township, New Jersey
Reviewed May 4, 2010

I decided to take my husband away for his birthday and chose this B&B because it looked so lovely. I also wanted to to take my husband fishing, which we did. Bob and Pat were gracious hosts and their home was very clean and had so much charm. You certainly do not have to worry about going hungry. The breakfasts were outstanding and very filling! In walking distance there is a restaurant and outside tiki bar. What's nice is you are off of Rt. 9, which is quite congested, but when you reach this B&B. . .it's very tranquil.
We will definitely return!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank july
New Jersey
Reviewed December 14, 2009

Absolutely loved this place!! Bob and Patty are the sweetest, kindest, and most thoughtful people... the kind you barely ever meet! I came for a weekend with my boyfriend to surprise him on his birthday, and Bob offered to have a dozen red roses waiting for us when we arrive, so just like he said, the red roses were waiting for us in our room - beautiful!! I also mentioned that my boyfriend loooves chocolate, so Bob and Patty also had chocolate dipped strawberries for us in our room!!! What a great way to start a romantic weekend getaway!! Also, I am diabetic, so they prepared a (delicious) special breakfasts that I could eat without any problems. I was amazed!!

We stayed at the Captain's Suite for a great price. The room was beautiful with a jacuzzi and a patio overlooking the water. I'm not one to normally write reviews, but this place was so great that I think everyone should know about this hidden gem!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank simonedebeauvoir11
Philadelphia
Reviewed February 9, 2009

I was looking for a getaway weekend and this inn was perfect for that. Bob and Pat are so laidback and down-to-earth, yet attentive and willing to help out with any need. A perfect mix! The room I stayed in was elegant and very clean but not pretentious. Very comfortable with a balcony with a view of the beautiful marina and river. Nice flat screen tv and dvd player too, with a large accompanying bathroom. The breakfast was fresh and delicious and they were very accomodating of dietary needs. A nice central location for doing many different kinds of activities, sightseeing, etc. along the NJ coast. A good value for a very nice stay in the offseason. I will definitely consider going back in the future!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank travelbug9392
Vassalboro, Maine
Reviewed December 6, 2008

Great location for the view as well as access to conveniences, dining, and attractions. This is a beautiful, well-decorated, and very peaceful little place that gave me complete rest like I haven't had in years.

The hosts are wonderful folks, who made us feel at home as soon as we arrived. These are the kind of people you would love to have as friends. Bob cooks one fine breakfast - this could be the high point of your day!

I live in Maine now, but grew up in New Jersey. The Inn at Rivers Edge puts New Jersey on my list of vacation destinations. (I never thought I would think that way of my home state!)

Perhaps my best experience with travel accommodations - what more can I say?.

• Liked — The warmth of the home and hosts
  • Disliked — Having to Leave!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank DougInMaine
Mount Tabor
Reviewed August 26, 2008

I was looking for someplace within a short distance to Island Beach State Park. However, looking at the motel prices and requirement to stay 3 days minimum during the height of summer, decided to take a chance here. Had I known what it would be like, I wouldn't have wasted the time to look anywhere else. A charming Victorian, elegantly decorated, wonderfully comfortable, and extremely reasonable, our stay could not have been better - my ladyfriend's comment: "It was a perfect weekend!".
Even the breakfast was wonderful. Having a great restaurant within walking distance was a real plus (with a discount for staying at the Inn), and Patty and Bob's hospitality made it a quick favorite with us! In the words of Arnie, "We'll be bock!"
- Tom

• Liked — Friendliness of the hosts
  • Disliked — That I only had one night to stay!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Howard Johnson Hotel - Toms River
Daddy O Hotel
Daddy O Hotel
#1 of 1 in Long Beach Township

Been to Inn at Rivers Edge Marina? Share your experiences!