“BYOB Hibachi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2011

We went here on a Saturday night at about 7:15. I had read in other reviews that we should expect a long wait, but our party of 4 was seated pretty much right away.

The food was good ( we went with Hibachi ) and the chef was entertaining. BYOB makes it more affordable.
Birthday and kid friendly.

Reviewed November 29, 2009

Food is good, but nothing particularly special. I ordered sushi and hibachi chicken. Sushi was pretty good, hibachi noodles are delicious. The fried rice is not included, it tastes OKAY--have had better. The hibachi chicken was a little overcooked. Chefs are friendly and entertaining. HOWEVER, the manager was extremely rude. I went with a group of friends and after we received the bill, we put in the cash, and HANDED it to the waitresses. They immediately laid out the cash on the table and started counting to see if it was all there. EXTREMELY RUDE. Since I'm Chinese and can understand the language they were speaking, I continuously heard the manager turning to the waitress and asking in Chinese, "IS IT ALL THERE? IS ALL THE MONEY THERE?" It wasn't only embarrassing for them, but embarrassing for me and my friends as well! They manager was rushing towards our table acting out for everyone in the restaurant as if we did not pay. 2 waitresses and the manager managed to count it three times by the time we put on our jacket and reached the door. Not to mention, they never refilled our water when we needed it; to the extent where one of us reached over to another table to grab the pitcher of water and refill our glasses ourselves. I would not recommend going here. I'd rather travel to maybe Millburn or another town to go to a better place (Benihana in Millburn?)
We also reserved a table, and it took about an hour for us to be seated

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 5, 2008

Good for lunch, the hibachi is pretty good as is the sushi. Unfortunately, nothing really jumps out at me that makes this place so special

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 22, 2008

Fantastic Hibatchi. Definitely Recommend a visit here, and relatively inexpensive.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 17, 2008

Excellent Japanese Steakhouse. Entertaining Hibachi tables, also serves sushi. A lot of fun and great food.