“Decent hotel, but needs updating”

Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Florham Park
Verona, New Jersey
“Decent hotel, but needs updating”
Reviewed June 20, 2009

We stayed at the Hamilton Park hotel for a one-night getaway. Upon arrival we got checked in early and got the King bed which we requested. Overall, the room was very small. The bedroom needed updating, but the bathroom looks like it was recently upgraded - was also small but nice. The bed was very comfortable.

There was both an indoor and outdoor pool/whirlpool - which was very nice. Not too big but good enough. Both pools needed major updating - the general fixtures were all turned/rusting and loose. - was kind of depressing. The patio seemed very old/aged. No entertainment or music on - kind of boring, but at the same time relaxing. I guess it depends on what you like. There was also a workout gym - much larger than normal hotel gyms - you can actually get a decent workout there. They may bring on memberships - which is possibly why it was so inclusive.

For dinner there was two options - a buffet in the restaurant or bar food at Vanderbilts sports club. The buffet looked very good, but the only ones in there were the wait staff - it was completely dead. Maybe because of the night. But the buffet was also $27.95 which was more than we wanted to spend that night. But the price was worth what they were offering - it was reasonable actually - so I am not mocking it at all. We just didn't want to spend that much that night.

We ate at Vanderbilts which was actually good and very reasonable. An excellent burger and fries for like $10 bucks is a steal. My wife had a salad with grilled chicken which was also very good for like $11. And to top it off, they had a happy hour until 9pm with $3.00 drafts and mixed drinks - can't beat that! We played free pool and games in the sports bar most of the night - so that was fun. At least it was a place to hang out all night.

The free breakfast that came with our stay was excellent. It was above average - with omelete and waffle station, usual breakfast items, nova lox, smoothies, cereal, yogurt parfaits, and a bunch of other odds and ends. Was definitely worth it - was surprised that it was so nice.

Overall, I think if they updated the hotel in some areas such as rooms and the pool area, this would be a great place. I am not sure if I would go back again - mainly because of the very outdated pool area. If they fix that part I would go back. For others, it may be fine - I may be just too picky.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Provincetown, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 4, 2009

I stayed at the hotel on Saturday night. Yes, there was a lot of activity here, a baby shower, a wedding and it was very busy. None of which had a negative impact on my stay. The rooms were very clean, neat, comfortable and well appointed. Their mission statement is excellent and my overall stay was excellent. Earth friendly products and efforts to help the enviornment are an absolute plus!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
NEW CUMBERLAND
Reviewed April 28, 2009

The hotel staff was on top of everything. Every time you got up from your seat, the staff would refold the napkins and place it back on the table. Any item you needed was there for you. The room was great, the food was excellent, and the location is beautiful. I think the person that had a problem sleeping was above or near the club. You can request a room further away. We heard absolutely no noise. This is the first time we stayed there, but would look forward to many repeated stays.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed April 26, 2009

A friend and I recently booked a Friday and Saturday night stay at the Hamilton Park Hotel, and it was by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had. There was a wedding reception at the hotel on Friday night, and our room was right above a courtyard bar area....that didn't close until 1:30AM. It was so noisy that we couldn't sleep, but the hotel was completely booked so we couldn't move rooms. When the bar closed, we thought we'd finally get some sleep, but a group of folks brought the party into the room next to us. We informed the front desk who promptly sent security to the loud room...but 1/2 hour later the noise started up again. We requested security again, and while they were able to break up the party next to us, by this time it was 3AM.

We ended up checking out on Saturday morning, canceling our reservation for that evening. We also got a 50% refund on our Friday night stay. While I don't fault the staff on duty ...they were very professional and helped as best they could... who in the world puts hotel rooms directly above a courtyard bar? If there is any sort of event going on, you are guaranteed not to get any sleep. If you must stay here, do yourself a favor and request a room away from the courtyard, particularly if the weather is nice.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
New York, NY
Reviewed April 12, 2009

Stayed one weekend night with family after a day at The Funplex entertainment center in nearby East Hanover. Had the place mostly to ourselves--saw only a few other guests, and no one else in the pool area. Good rate via Priceline.

Hotel is upscale, well kept. Room and bathroom were both average size. Standard tub. Furnishings and bedding looked new. Comfortable beds and pillows.

Pool area was large and clean. 4-5' deep pool was a good temperature. Jacuzzi was nice and hot. Locker room was clean and had a sauna. Did not use the gym, but it looked larger and nicer than a standard hotel exercise room.

No concierge or bellman. Was what I'd call a "business casual" kind of place--very nice, but informal enough for caffeinated kids. No complaints.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank nyc04
New Jersey
Reviewed March 26, 2009

I didn't stay in the hotel overnight, but I have been there many times for business meetings, and I made my son's engagement party there (in the Vaderbilt lounge). Food and service were always excellent, and staff was extremely accommodating and helpful. Looked at rooms for overnight guests and they looked nice though no one actually stayed overnight.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
Maryland
Reviewed December 1, 2008

I recently stayed at the Hamilton Park Hotel during the hoilday. The hotel exceeds expecatation! I was impressed with the overall ambiance of the hotel and guestrooms. The view from my room was lovely. I could not wait to return to my room to enjoy the peace and tranquility. The hotel provides complimentary wireless services including printing services. This hotel looks exactly like the photos online.

Overall, I would give this hotel 5 stars!

• Liked — room
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florham Park
Hyatt Regency Morristown
Hyatt Regency Morristown
#5 of 5 in Morristown
The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown

Been to Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!