We stayed at the Hamilton Park hotel for a one-night getaway. Upon arrival we got checked in early and got the King bed which we requested. Overall, the room was very small. The bedroom needed updating, but the bathroom looks like it was recently upgraded - was also small but nice. The bed was very comfortable.
There was both an indoor and outdoor pool/whirlpool - which was very nice. Not too big but good enough. Both pools needed major updating - the general fixtures were all turned/rusting and loose. - was kind of depressing. The patio seemed very old/aged. No entertainment or music on - kind of boring, but at the same time relaxing. I guess it depends on what you like. There was also a workout gym - much larger than normal hotel gyms - you can actually get a decent workout there. They may bring on memberships - which is possibly why it was so inclusive.
For dinner there was two options - a buffet in the restaurant or bar food at Vanderbilts sports club. The buffet looked very good, but the only ones in there were the wait staff - it was completely dead. Maybe because of the night. But the buffet was also $27.95 which was more than we wanted to spend that night. But the price was worth what they were offering - it was reasonable actually - so I am not mocking it at all. We just didn't want to spend that much that night.
We ate at Vanderbilts which was actually good and very reasonable. An excellent burger and fries for like $10 bucks is a steal. My wife had a salad with grilled chicken which was also very good for like $11. And to top it off, they had a happy hour until 9pm with $3.00 drafts and mixed drinks - can't beat that! We played free pool and games in the sports bar most of the night - so that was fun. At least it was a place to hang out all night.
The free breakfast that came with our stay was excellent. It was above average - with omelete and waffle station, usual breakfast items, nova lox, smoothies, cereal, yogurt parfaits, and a bunch of other odds and ends. Was definitely worth it - was surprised that it was so nice.
Overall, I think if they updated the hotel in some areas such as rooms and the pool area, this would be a great place. I am not sure if I would go back again - mainly because of the very outdated pool area. If they fix that part I would go back. For others, it may be fine - I may be just too picky.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Florham Park hotel & conference center offering lodging, business meeting facilities, wedding venues and space for special events near Morristown, New York City and Newark Airport in New Jersey. Dine at Social Kitchen or Vanderbilt's Bar & Lounge and take advantage of the hotel's variety of vacation packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hamilton Park Hotel And Conference Center
- Hamilton Park Hotel Florham Park