“This used to be top notch”

Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Florham Park
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

I can remember when this place was built. It was a beautiful conference center with top notch facilities and food. I did say was. The rooms look old and outdated and are very small. The wireless access in the rooms is terrible. The conference center rooms look old as well and as for the equipment in the rooms - old and non working. I would not recommend booking a large group conference here.
We had lunch today along with another group holding a conference here. You would think they would stagger the times. Food was not great - fair at best. It's a shame this used to be a great place.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Amy W, Manager at Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2014

Dear BusTrav106:
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you did find your stay to match up with a past stay. We had quite a few large groups in over the summer and the reviews from the meeting planners have all been positive. I regret that you did not feel the same way.

There are newer reviews for Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center

Reviewed August 14, 2014

where is the Wyndham quality I remember . not here Small room with over size furniture . excellent breakfast

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Amy W, Manager at Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2014

Dear Sharon M:
Thank you for your feedback. I'm not sure if your comment regarding the quality of the hotel was in reference to the size of your guest room or something else. Please feel free to contact me directly by calling 973-377-2424 as I take all feedback very seriously and would like to know more about the issues you had because if it can be addressed it will. I am glad you enjoyed breakfast and hope to hear from you.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Let me preface this by saying this hotel is clean & safe, but after having spent two weeks staying at pretty much every major chain up and down the East Coast, it's overpriced by about $70-$80 a night. I stayed for five nights, and the price fluctuated wildly. The highest price was just north of $250 a night. It's not worth it. For the price, service is not attentive enough. Folks are pleasant, but highly American and disengaged. Staff at a European or Asian chain that didn't open a door for a weary traveler who arrived at 1 a.m. -- correction -- didn't even come out from behind the front desk, would be fired. The rooms were well taken care of and pretty new, though one of our towel racks fell down, and the cleaning staff left a long black hair (we're all blonde) on the bathroom floor for three days straight. Great quality bathroom products, but amenities were sparing for a wannabe-$250-a-night hotel. The ice machine on our floor was broken the entire time. Food at Vanderbilts was surprisingly good, though the tables felt sticky enough to think they hadn't truly been scrubbed down since the Giants last won the Superbowl. The gym had fantastic treadmills, and the pool was very good. The hotel is in a great location, and I can see why conference-goers and wedding-party folks like to stay here, but the price must come down. Otherwise, my suggestion to management is that you toss in the $18-a-day overpriced breakfast to at least give a sense that you are really providing a top experience to guests. It's pretty chintzy, at your price point, to nickel-and-dime customers, especially long-staying ones. If I couldn't negotiate a lower price, I probably would not stay here next time. But I was satisfied with everything but the sticker price.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Adam N:

We very much appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review about your stay, thank you. I looked into your reservation. I see that you originally booked through us for one night then extended your stay through a third party online site for four more nights. The rate went up with that reservation, it also included week night stays which is in more demand and our rates do go up during the week. I remember the front desk worked hard at keeping your family in the same room when you extended because we realize the inconvenience moving rooms has on anyone, especially a family of four. If you are in our area again and plan to stay for several days please reach out to me directly at 973-377-2424 to book your reservation. Thank you.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on August 1, 2014. The room was very really nice and the staff was friendly and very helpful. We fell in love with "Vanderbilts" which is a sports bar on the first floor of the hotel. They had pool tables, shuffle board and Foosball tables. Would highly recommend this hotel when traveling in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Stephen B
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Had the opportunity to stay during a 2 day planning session, I was very happy with my stay. The hotel had ample parking. The room was available when they promised. The room had a comfortable queen sized bed. The shower was clean and towels plentiful. There was no excessive noise from the halls or rooms above / below.

Overall, if I have a need to stay over again, I would use this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We traveled to New Jersey from Manhatten on the train, and the Wyndham sent a shuttle to the train station to pick us up. Check-in was a breeze. Our room was ready, and was very well appointed. I loved the Keurig coffeeemaker in the room! I was super impressed by the quality of the food. We were there for a conference, and the meals and conference rooms were top-notch! The desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Hyatt Regency Morristown
#5 of 5 in Morristown
The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
FairBridge Hotel & Conference Center East Hanover

Been to Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!