“Improvement with Wyndham ”

Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Florham Park
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel many times being an employee of a local company. The hotel is very busy all the time and I felt that some of the small things were slipping. Since Wyndham has taken over , there are some nice improvements. The staff was also terrific this time as well.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Amy W, Manager at Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear jake2771:

Thank you for your positive review, we are happy you returned to Hamilton Park, under our new management, Wyndham. We look forward to continuing to impress you with improvements in all areas!

There are newer reviews for Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We were at the Wyndham for a wedding. We found the room comfortable and the hotel staff friendly and attentive, but were put off by the fact that there was no refrigerator or microwave in our room. We usually stay at Hilton brand properties, and these seem always to be basics. The hotel wanted $10 per day for the refrigerator, but waived the fee when I explained it was for medication. Someone from the front desk actually came to our room to see the medication with my name on the label. Perhaps this is standard in this geographic area. I don't know.
Since the hotel is a convention center, it is large and very spread out. There were six wedding parties staying in the hotel while we were there (one of the weddings actually in the place). Parking was difficult and there's a lot of walking to get from one place to another inside. It was not a bad stay, but given the choice we would not stay here again. But it was great to be at the wedding and see all of our friends.

Room Tip: Conference center is on the 4th floor and has computers to check your email and print out stuff. Als...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear ocalaed_13:

Our standard room types do not include refrigerators or microwaves. We do have Signatures King rooms that include a refrigerator. As a hotel that offers many food options on-site, unlike an efficiency hotel, we do not offer microwaves. We are glad that you had a good overall experience at Hamilton Park with your friends and family.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was here for a wedding over the weekend. I asked the staff what the best way was to commend them on their service and they recommended I write an honest review on here. The staff service was exceptional from check in, during the wedding, and all the way to check out. The hotel and ball room were all very good but the service set this place apart.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank J A
Amy W, Manager at Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear J A:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. All of our associates have recently completed Wyndham "Count on Me" customer service traning, as Hamilton Park is new to the Wyndham brand and we have been going through several changes since our transition last August. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is my first stay at the Hamilton Park Wyndham; having stayed aat some of the other area hotels previously I was excited to try this property. I got a late start so I didn't arrive until around 11PM. At check in the front desk team was friendly and efficent and addressed you by name (which they remembered all week). The room (king) was spacious, what i would call a Studio Suite and had all the great touches, reading lights built into the headboard, 2 big bottles of free water (not the baby bottles, but each a full liter of spring water. welcome chocolate, opening balcony doors for fresh air and free WIFI.
The restaurant was a nice pub like atmosphere, always full of people, staff nice but busy food was good, not write home about good, but better then the average hotel fare. The second to last evening the waitress was overwhelmed as she brought our table the wrong order twice, but she kept her composure for the most part. Again, what set this place apart was, free billiards for all guests, shuffleboard, the "wine down Wednesday" was a great touch.

MY only complaint was the shuttle driver in the morning either played too much grand theft auto, or was a wheel man in a past life, because this guy handled traffic like an angry cab driver in New York City. If I was in a hurry, i would have understood, but none of us were. (As a point of reference I enjoy driving in NYC, and city driving in general and this was even a bit much for me, so an out of towner might be even more put off)

all in all a great stay, great location, great people, spacious rooms, all you can ask for. I will be back next time business brings me to Parsippany.

Room Tip: Pool view King on 2nd floor

Dear JBeretsky:

We realize you have several choices on where to stay when you are in the Morristown area and appreciate you choosing Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel. I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the detailed review. I was very concerned when I read about your experience in our van. With assistance from my Guest Services Manager we were able to determine who your driver was and I assure you that we have addressed this issue with our associate and will continue to review his progress. We look forward to seeing you again when you visit our area.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

As a Marriott Platinum I have become used to good hotels but was put up at this hotel by my hosts. It was terrible, not only compared to a Marriott but compared to "fair standards". Breakfast was a whopping $18 for a boring standard buffet (it costs about $12 at Marriott , if you pay extra and it is not included in the rate), with no hostess service (or at least none until I had passed three staff chatting in the lobby and was beginning to seat myself after selecting some uninspiring scrambled eggs, fat with bacon coloring in it and a sausage. I did not know it would costs $18 or I would have put more stuff in a bag and taken it with me for lunch). One of the two elevators in my wing stuck on the first floor with its door incapably open. Moving to the other one I witnessed the doors attempt to close three times before actually doing so, and this with about 30 seconds' delay after pressing the button. The elevators were in reluctant mode throughout my stay, though the stuck one was restored to [reluctant] operation. Although some parts of the hotel appeared to have had a recent makeover, the level of refurbishment was cheap and nothing about the hotel felt like anyone made much of an effort or expended energy on making guests feel welcome. Really disappointing, but it confirmed my faith in Marriotts, which henceforth I will stay in if ever I am back in this area.

Room Tip: First pick another hotel, but if you cannot do that, then get a room in the wing where the elevators...
1  Thank Steve D

Dear Steve D:

I'm very sorry that you did not have a good stay with us. I researched when you were here, an elevator did breakdown, it has since been repaired and is operating fine, the repair required new parts and took two days. We certainly could have done a better job by adding signage to the out of order elevator, we have learned from this error. We are in the process of renovating and updating the property, last week new lobby furniture was delivered and looks beautiful. New carpet was installed in the fitness center hallway today and several more updates will be taking place in the next few months. We sincerely regret that you did not have a good stay. Please consider giving us another try when you are in town and reach out to me directly when booking a reservation.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is largely a nice hotel. It sits on very attractive grounds, and you can tell that they have made some recent improvements to the rooms and common areas. The rooms are nicely appointed, however very very small. (I booked a deluxe room and suspect that I maybe didn't get one, as it's the size of a shoe box) This property's MAJOR failure is with its staff and service. When I arrived at the property at 1pm, there was absolutely no room available to check in early. That's fine, I asked if I could store my bag and get lunch. The desk agent awkwardly just sort of stared at me, and ultimately said yes, I could store my bag. The bellman, totally within earshot, made no effort to move from behind his podium, and get my bag from me... I had to walk it over to him. I asked the desk agent where I could have lunch. She paused, looked up at the ceiling, and then eventually pulled out a binder from under the desk. She looked at the time, and initially pointed me to the sports bar. I said thank you and began to walk away. She then corrected herself, and said that the "Arrive" restaurant was open for lunch buffet, then at 2pm, the sports bar would open. I thought for a property with only 2 F&B outlets, the front desk agent might know this information without looking it up. My experience at the sports bar was equally flat. I walked in, not acknowledged by anyone. When I saw a server and walked toward her, she said "sit anywhere" as she hurried by me with a tray of drinks. The restaurant was not at all busy, but she seemed very rushed. She brought me a menu, dropped it off, and didn't offer a drink. She later came back to take my drink and food order. I ordered an appetizer and entree, yet the iced tea, appetizer, and entree were all delivered at the same time. No comment nor apology. When she returned with the check, she merely dropped it on the table with a pen and said "Write your name clearly." Wow. Thanks. When I got to my room, and took a shower, I notified the front desk that the showerhead was broken, and the toilet seat was falling off the toilet. Not huge problems, but I'm now in day 4, and have yet to see a maintenance person. The showerhead is still broken, as is the toilet seat. They also offer a local shuttle, which is nice, however, in 4 days it has not once been available when I asked to make a booking. Don't advertise a service you can't offer! Overall, I wouldn't call this hotel a major catastrophe. It's clean and comfortable, but don't expect anyone to treat you nicely, say hello, thank you, or anything to that effect, because it won't happen. At $200 a night for a tiny room, I certainly expect more. Sad, really.

Room Tip: Be sure you get the room you reserve. I booked a deluxe with two doubles... the room I received is...
2  Thank Paolo G
Reviewed October 20, 2013

First time business trip and first time in this chain. Seemed modern and clean, not dated. I liked the shuttle service to local businesses - not seen that before. The sports bar was very alive for a hotel but I thought the menu a little limited. Did not manage to eat in.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ruairidh M:
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review, we appreciate it very much and look forward to seeing you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Florham Park
Hyatt Regency Morristown
#5 of 5 in Morristown
The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
FairBridge Hotel & Conference Center East Hanover

Been to Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!