“Comfortable, but Quirky”

Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Florham Park
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The lobby was clean and bright, check-in was average, save for the odd "release" policy requirement that others have mentioned. My view of this was it's a means of driving revenue to the on-site dining/drinking establishments. (And or too many prom parties gone bad...)
The one elevator (see below) was a bit slow, so we used the stairs for the remainder of our visit.
Our king bed room was quite comfortable, though the furnishings and carpets seemed dated. The vanity/bath areas were of a good size.
The bar (Vanderbilt's) was tasty and reasonable.
The hotel offers a shuttle into the town of Madison and other nearby locations, (Travel to farther afield destinations for a fee was an option) which was very handy.
The pool and spa were a nice option, though we didn't use them.
Issues during our stay:
One of the (two) elevators in our wing was out of commission for the duration of our stay, the toilet handle did not reliably flush and one afternoon the hot water ran out, which after alerting the front desk, was swiftly resolved. We received an apology note for our reported issues which contained a free voucher for the morning breakfast buffet, which was a nice touch.

Room Tip: Our room on the 2nd floor was quite bright, but other guests in the wedding party reported many room...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my two children recently. The hotel is quite large and was hosting a convention and a wedding during our stay. Despite that, we got around easily and our room was nice and quiet. My children enjoyed the indoor and outdoor pool as well as the hot tubs. The location was very convenient to restaurants and shops and right near the Fairleigh Dickinson campus. This is a lovely area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Amy W, General Manager at Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Jesslab,

It is a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your visit in beautiful Florham Park, New Jersey. We are very lucky to be located in such a beautiful area, centrally located around Fairleigh Dickinson University, Madison, Morristown, and numerous fortune 500 companies. Your kind words about our property reinforce our commitment to customer satisfaction. Please choose Hamilton Park Hotel, again, if you do return to the area.

Amy Wickenheisser

Reviewed June 15, 2013

this was our 4 or so visit here and once again they did not disappoint.. Staff extremely helpful and curtious. had medical issue due to needed something for medicine which I didn't have ..they had resolved within 5 mins ..Only other thing was a remote was not working when we arrived in room literally 2-5 minutes they were in room with new one and worked .Staff very polite and make you feel like you are only one that matters at that moment ..They had a banquet going on and guests coming in and they still made sure to say hi to my son and i just great place and other hotels should take note on their customer service ..

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Kara V,

Thank you for choosing Hamilton Park Hotel as your preferred lodging choice in Morris County, New Jersey. It is our pleasure to serve you for the fourth time! I will be certain to pass on your very kind words about our property to the rest of the associates who work so diligently to make every one of your stays, as exceptional as the last. We look forward to your next visit. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Amy Wickenheisser, General Manager

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Hotel is located 25min from Newark Arirport ($51 fixed taxi fare) and more than one hour from Lower Manhattan, especially when traffic is bad. Plenty of parking space around the quiet neighbourhood make it easy to access. The hotel is not very recent (design/furniture from the 80s) but still maintained in good condition. Conference facilities are modern and well equiped. The hotel can host several events without participants overlapping.
Rooms are large and comfortable, with standard bathroom equipment. Beds are comfortable and air conditioning works well.
With some international TV channels, some HD channels and a better sound insulation of the very light entry doors, it would be perfect.
The Arrive restaurant offers hearty breakfast and very good buffets, with a decent selection of wines, including by the glass. Try the caesar salad, a must for lunch !
The hotel offers a very large Gym facility, as well as small indoor and outdoor pools, large enough to swim a bit when not too busy.
A good and efficient place to go to a conference, or apparently participate to weddings during the weekends. Certainly more cost-effective than downtown NYC.
I would not recommend this place for individual trips however, there are probably more romantic places around.

Room Tip: Rooms above the vanderbilt bar are a bit noisy. Prefer rooms with a view outside the square-shaped h...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thierry67200,

Thank you for your honest assessment of your stay at Hamilton Park Hotel. We are pleased to have facilitated such a successful meeting, while still providing exceptional overall customer service and guest comfort. Please think of us, again, if you are traveling through New Jersey in the future!

Amy Wickenheisser, General Manager

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Staffs are not helpful. Unexpected morning call at 6am for a continuous 3 days before it stops. Confusion between shuttle bus and taxi that result in extra cost that need me to cover. Pathway to the lobby was blocked due to wedding banquet, no help was offered evening seeing me with heavy baggage . The do not understand customer need, not empathy on people who raise complaint. It is helpless to complaint to Jessica who is the manager. I wrote serious complaint letter to the senior management when I return home. He reply quick understand my frustration and show great sympathy on my bad experience, willing to offer compensation, thought this is not what I am looking for. I will accept his Apologize but will not give the, a second chance. The most important for a business traveller is a comfortable room and helpful staffs when we need help. This is what Hamilton Park cannot provide, and they will need to work hard on staff training.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This was our 2nd stay there for business purposes. This is an excellent hotel staffed with warm, friendly, courteous, & experienced people. The food is excellent. Food choices are vast. Nice calm atmosphere.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I attempted to check in at the Hamilton Hotel after I made a 7 hour [nightmare] drive from New Hampshire. I had to wait 25 minutes while, the Assistant Manager, Jessica H., disappeared to look for my reservation (I'm guessing she called Travelocity?). After about 15 minutes, I explained to her I was losing my patience because I had just driven 7 hours AND I had booked this reservation a month earlier. I assumed she would do the right/customer friendly thing by placing me in a room and sorting things out behind the scenes. No. She made me wait another ten minutes while she disappeared again. She offered no apology or compensation for my inconvenience. When I asked to speak with her manager, she said he left for the day and no one has followed up since. To top things off, the hotel claims it has three restaurants/bars. Two were shut down for most of Memorial Day because of a "private function". The one that was open, a sports bar, had TERRIBLE food. I honestly could have done better with McDonalds or Burger King. So if you are left with only this once option, DEFINITELY order pizza or jump in your car and drive one mile to Madison Township. Lastly, the hotel is rundown looking and is in desperate need of an update. It is definitely not worth it's four star rating. Two excellent alternatives is the Madison Hotel or the Short Hills Hilton. Both hotels are much, MUCH nicer AND worthy of their four star rating ---- particularly with their customer service This is ABSOLUTELY the first and last time I'll be staying at the Hamilton Park Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston

Been to Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!