“Beautiful location, nice amenities”

Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Florham Park
Mickleton, New Jersey
“Beautiful location, nice amenities”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my two children recently. The hotel is quite large and was hosting a convention and a wedding during our stay. Despite that, we got around easily and our room was nice and quiet. My children enjoyed the indoor and outdoor pool as well as the hot tubs. The location was very convenient to restaurants and shops and right near the Fairleigh Dickinson campus. This is a lovely area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Amy W, General Manager at Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Jesslab,

It is a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your visit in beautiful Florham Park, New Jersey. We are very lucky to be located in such a beautiful area, centrally located around Fairleigh Dickinson University, Madison, Morristown, and numerous fortune 500 companies. Your kind words about our property reinforce our commitment to customer satisfaction. Please choose Hamilton Park Hotel, again, if you do return to the area.

Amy Wickenheisser

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Lacey Township
Reviewed June 15, 2013

this was our 4 or so visit here and once again they did not disappoint.. Staff extremely helpful and curtious. had medical issue due to needed something for medicine which I didn't have ..they had resolved within 5 mins ..Only other thing was a remote was not working when we arrived in room literally 2-5 minutes they were in room with new one and worked .Staff very polite and make you feel like you are only one that matters at that moment ..They had a banquet going on and guests coming in and they still made sure to say hi to my son and i just great place and other hotels should take note on their customer service ..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kara V,

Thank you for choosing Hamilton Park Hotel as your preferred lodging choice in Morris County, New Jersey. It is our pleasure to serve you for the fourth time! I will be certain to pass on your very kind words about our property to the rest of the associates who work so diligently to make every one of your stays, as exceptional as the last. We look forward to your next visit. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Strasbourg, France
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Hotel is located 25min from Newark Arirport ($51 fixed taxi fare) and more than one hour from Lower Manhattan, especially when traffic is bad. Plenty of parking space around the quiet neighbourhood make it easy to access. The hotel is not very recent (design/furniture from the 80s) but still maintained in good condition. Conference facilities are modern and well equiped. The hotel can host several events without participants overlapping.
Rooms are large and comfortable, with standard bathroom equipment. Beds are comfortable and air conditioning works well.
With some international TV channels, some HD channels and a better sound insulation of the very light entry doors, it would be perfect.
The Arrive restaurant offers hearty breakfast and very good buffets, with a decent selection of wines, including by the glass. Try the caesar salad, a must for lunch !
The hotel offers a very large Gym facility, as well as small indoor and outdoor pools, large enough to swim a bit when not too busy.
A good and efficient place to go to a conference, or apparently participate to weddings during the weekends. Certainly more cost-effective than downtown NYC.
I would not recommend this place for individual trips however, there are probably more romantic places around.

Room Tip: Rooms above the vanderbilt bar are a bit noisy. Prefer rooms with a view outside the square-shaped h...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thierry67200,

Thank you for your honest assessment of your stay at Hamilton Park Hotel. We are pleased to have facilitated such a successful meeting, while still providing exceptional overall customer service and guest comfort. Please think of us, again, if you are traveling through New Jersey in the future!

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Staffs are not helpful. Unexpected morning call at 6am for a continuous 3 days before it stops. Confusion between shuttle bus and taxi that result in extra cost that need me to cover. Pathway to the lobby was blocked due to wedding banquet, no help was offered evening seeing me with heavy baggage . The do not understand customer need, not empathy on people who raise complaint. It is helpless to complaint to Jessica who is the manager. I wrote serious complaint letter to the senior management when I return home. He reply quick understand my frustration and show great sympathy on my bad experience, willing to offer compensation, thought this is not what I am looking for. I will accept his Apologize but will not give the, a second chance. The most important for a business traveller is a comfortable room and helpful staffs when we need help. This is what Hamilton Park cannot provide, and they will need to work hard on staff training.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Orland Park, Illinois
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This was our 2nd stay there for business purposes. This is an excellent hotel staffed with warm, friendly, courteous, & experienced people. The food is excellent. Food choices are vast. Nice calm atmosphere.

Green Features: A very "green" hotel. Foods are organic, & locally sourced.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hanover, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I attempted to check in at the Hamilton Hotel after I made a 7 hour [nightmare] drive from New Hampshire. I had to wait 25 minutes while, the Assistant Manager, Jessica H., disappeared to look for my reservation (I'm guessing she called Travelocity?). After about 15 minutes, I explained to her I was losing my patience because I had just driven 7 hours AND I had booked this reservation a month earlier. I assumed she would do the right/customer friendly thing by placing me in a room and sorting things out behind the scenes. No. She made me wait another ten minutes while she disappeared again. She offered no apology or compensation for my inconvenience. When I asked to speak with her manager, she said he left for the day and no one has followed up since. To top things off, the hotel claims it has three restaurants/bars. Two were shut down for most of Memorial Day because of a "private function". The one that was open, a sports bar, had TERRIBLE food. I honestly could have done better with McDonalds or Burger King. So if you are left with only this once option, DEFINITELY order pizza or jump in your car and drive one mile to Madison Township. Lastly, the hotel is rundown looking and is in desperate need of an update. It is definitely not worth it's four star rating. Two excellent alternatives is the Madison Hotel or the Short Hills Hilton. Both hotels are much, MUCH nicer AND worthy of their four star rating ---- particularly with their customer service This is ABSOLUTELY the first and last time I'll be staying at the Hamilton Park Hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Djones314
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

This place is not a 4 star hotel. 3.5 at best. Staff friendly but not efficient. Plenty staff at check in but still a line. Door greeter better served behind check in. Clean enough and general appearance pretty good. Location very good.

Weirdest thing and a major turnoff is their confiscation policy in your room. You must sign a release stating they can take your personal property at anytime in your room. Food, drinks, coolers who knows what else. Bizarre. Who does that? Who comes in your room and takes your property because they don't like what it is? Found that quite offensive and really stained whatever reputation this place might be trying for. Won't recommend it in fact the confiscation policy is major word of mouth damage. Really bad idea.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank JayMark1233
Amy W, General Manager at Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
JayMark1233,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and staff. It is crucial to receive honest feedback such as yours so that we may grow and improve our overall service. Your comments regarding our front desk staff is right on point and expediting the check-in process is an area of service that we are always trying to improve upon.

Our specific food and beverage policy that you had mentioned in your review is simply in place to limit issues with food safety, contamination, and pest control problems as we do not have refrigerators in most of our standard rooms. We realize this policy may seem limiting and it is not our intention to infringe on your personal belongings, by any means. If you do have any other questions or concerns regarding the policy, please feel free to reach out to me and I would be more than happy to discuss with you.

Thank you again for your review and please choose to stay with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Florham Park
The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Hyatt Regency Morristown
Hyatt Regency Morristown
#5 of 5 in Morristown

Been to Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!