“Fresh, Authentic Vietnamese Food...”

Viet Ai Vietnamese Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 34 Restaurants in Florham Park
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have to admit that I am a skeptic when it comes to dining out. To me, the whole experience of dining out should be a tribute to the complete experience with the ultimate goal of our total sense enrichment. My one rule of thumb is that anything food/dining out related experience has to start and end in good mood.
With that said, Viet Ai's food delivered. They offer authentic, fresh Vietnamese cuisine. Their cha gio (spring rolls) has to be the best that we have ever had, their pho as delicious as it can be (it's really a soul warmer in those cold winter months), and their grills is a sure not to be missed. This restaurant seems to always be packed during lunch time on weekdays, and weekend is also not an exception. We would have traveled the distance more often if it weren't for the impossibilities.....

Ambiance: You feast with your eyes first and then nose second. Well, being 100% honest, the restaurant is a bit gross. It is dirty and smelly. It doesn't help that the entrance to the restaurant is right at the entrance to the kitchen. Grimy hallways, walls, floor, dining tables, all the way to the cashier's desk. It is a HUGE turn off.... We have concerns on how this restaurant can possibly pass health inspection.
Parking: It's another problem. This restaurant is literally a hole on the wall in Florham Park. With the amount of customers coming and going, surely the owners can invest in a better location? There is no parking during the peak time....

Due to the concerns above, most of the times we would travel for an hour (each way) to do a pick up as oppose to dine in. Service team members have always been courteous and polite, which makes it harder to bring up the turn off factors to the management team.

Hope this review helps and you can manage your expectation with the restaurant. The rating is definitely only for the food :)

1  Thank mar1an1

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Since we would be having a grand buffet for dinner to celebrate my mom's birthday, we opted for something simple for lunch. I just wanted a bowl of noodles and my sister N. chose the right restaurant for it, Viet Ai Vietnamese Restaurant in Florham Park. I ordered Grilled Beef Rolls with Vietnamese Pho and it was excellent. The beef rolls were grilled perfectly, the right flavor and texture. I wasn't expecting much from this restaurant so my beef rolls came as as a pleasant surprise. Mom ordered a dessert and she regretted.

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

This is a really great place for Vietnamese food. The Pho is tasty and even better with hot sauce.

The other items on the menu are also very good, and very fresh.

A must try!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I co-worker made me discover this restaurant. Otherwise I would have probably not found it, considering also that the parking is small and at the back of the restaurant.

We have been a few times here and I always get the same: Beef noodle soup. It's really delicious. The restaurant could use some renovating but the staff is always friendly. Will definetely come here for lunch on a regular basis.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I just love Viet Ai. It is one of these wonderful hole-in-the-wall places that become a staple of your life. The staff is very friendly and remembers you, and the food is great.

I had never thought of food as being comforting until I ate a bowl of Vietnamese Pho. I really recommend the Pho with grilled chicken. I eat it about once a week, because I start having withdrawal symptoms if I go much longer. My husband really likes their food too, but isn’t quite as addicted as I am.

Try some of their “bun” dishes as well. I especially like “bun cha gio.” They serve a little bowl of fish sauce with it, but I also ask for a side of peanut sauce so that I can dip the eggrolls in it. My husband gets the “Bun Ga Nuong”; basically, rice noodles and vegetables with grilled chicken.

Another bonus: You can practice using chop sticks!