“Excellent Pizza”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We went here for lunch on a weekday afternoon while visiting colleges in NJ. We found Nonna's on Trip Advisor before our trip so we were really looking forward to good pizza. Bread was brought to the table before the pizza and even though we were about to have an entire meal of bread I tried it anyway. It tasted exactly like my italian grandmother used to make from scratch. A chewy and flavorful bread with a wonderful dense crust. We ordered the marguerita pizza. It was not a typical NJ pizza (even though a typical NJ pizza is usually good anyway), this pizza has a crisp and airy crust which is exactly how I like it. The sauce had just the right amount of sweet and spicy and there was enough of it on the pizza, the cheese and basil were in perfect proportions. After finishing, I realized that I did not even need to add any extras to it such as parmesan cheese, oregano or garlic powder. When getting pizza in Maryland I always have to enhance it to be even just okay. My daughter and niece decided to order dessert, they ordered the lemon sorbet and a cannoli. The waitress brought an extra fork for me to share the cannoli but I don't usually like them. My daughter insisted that I try this and I ended up eating half of it! What I usually don't like about cannoli's is the texture of the filling, it has always had a floury kind of taste. Well this cannoli was delicious! The filling was smooth, creamy and not too sweet. My niece liked her sorbet which was served in a frozen lemon shell. If we lived in NJ we would definitely be back.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Always go there for pizza. Little loud but food is excellent. Seating is comfortable with good service.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Love the pasta with mussels! Nothing to dislike...a simple pizzeria with an attached restaurant that serves delicious food in a casual atmosphere.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you want a great meal at a great price this is your choice. It's a B.Y.O.B. they have pizza to meals that taste and look like fine dining, so if you have company in town this is your pklace.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

As an Italian girl, I don't usually order any tomato based sauces in restaurants, but Nonna's is the exception, the Sunday Gravy is absolutely the best I have ever had. Also really love the prosciutto & mozzarella hero, pizza slices, and the Pompeii salad, and their cannoli are awesome too-none of the fruit crap, chocolate like it should be. The only thing I don't like is they aren't very good with "special requests" such as hold the peppers- they get it right maybe 25% of the time. They are good for dine in, carry out, and delivery. While the restaurant itself is beautiful, it's in a crazy busy parking lot which is sometimes sooo busy it prevents me from eating there : (