“First, I will comment on the pizza”

Nonna's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Florham Park
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed May 26, 2012

My visit was quite some time ago, but the pizza was very good and the service quick, during a busy lunchtime.
I had used this occasion to meet a gal who happened to work for the same company as me, we met though on an online dating service. The lunch went fine, and I paid. A day later, I sent her an email saying that I enjoyed meeting her. I never got any sort of reply or thank you. How is that even close to normal behavior? I salute the gent who divorced her, forcing her online to meet people like me, who apparently are beneath her.

1  Thank NotoriousCLO
There are newer reviews for Nonna's Italian Restaurant

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Crowded, bustling, and delicious pasta and salads. Pizza is just ok, in my book. The penne arrabiata is delicious, and the escarole and bean soup, stupendous.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

Pizzas r good. Love bbq chicken. But Fp pizza has better pies overall. Dishes/meals suck... Not even close to average north jersey Italian food. Not a good place for a sit down dinner

3  Thank Tjt319
Reviewed January 28, 2012

The wait was long. The hostess had no personality or manners. We eventually were seated at a table where it was so cold that the draft caused us to put our coats back on. We were miserable. We asked the hostess if she would please move us She said no . Others were waiting. We told our waitress and she was kind enough to find a table to seat us elsewhere.....a warm table in the back area.....so...beware....don't ever sit by the door. You will freeze. The food was very average and not even really hot when it was served. Salad was drowned with very strong roasted red peppers. Nothing special added in. The bread was dry. I had a chicken parm dish with a side of pasta and my husband had a pasta dish. The chicken (not sure it was even home made) had been reheated and was soggy. The garlic in both dishes was charred ... almost black enough that it's bitterness overwhelmed the pasta. Yuk!!! Wow....what a dissapointing meal. This is just a pizza joint that serves what they think is Italian food. I would stick to the pizza if you do plan to go there. People seemed buy a lot of it. We are in New Jersey at least once a week for business. I know that we won't be going back here for anything... even the pizza!!!

1  Thank happytraveler8147
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Earlier this week my boyfriend and I decided to try Nonna's Italian Restaurant in the McDonald's/Trader Joe's shopping center. We've lived in a town close by for a year now and wish we had visited sooner! It was great. I had the Nonna's Sunday Gravy platter and my BF had a meatlovers pizza. Both were very large and delicious. I highly recommend the food.

One warning: the enclosure around the front door does not go to the ceiling and therefore is highly ineffective at keeping the cold NJ air out of the dining area. SIT IN THE BACK or wear your coat.

We also had a bad waiter - I assume he will not last long given the service. The inexpensive price and excellent food made up for his poor service.