“A dissapointment in every way”

Nonna's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Florham Park
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed January 28, 2012

The wait was long. The hostess had no personality or manners. We eventually were seated at a table where it was so cold that the draft caused us to put our coats back on. We were miserable. We asked the hostess if she would please move us She said no . Others were waiting. We told our waitress and she was kind enough to find a table to seat us elsewhere.....a warm table in the back area.....so...beware....don't ever sit by the door. You will freeze. The food was very average and not even really hot when it was served. Salad was drowned with very strong roasted red peppers. Nothing special added in. The bread was dry. I had a chicken parm dish with a side of pasta and my husband had a pasta dish. The chicken (not sure it was even home made) had been reheated and was soggy. The garlic in both dishes was charred ... almost black enough that it's bitterness overwhelmed the pasta. Yuk!!! Wow....what a dissapointing meal. This is just a pizza joint that serves what they think is Italian food. I would stick to the pizza if you do plan to go there. People seemed buy a lot of it. We are in New Jersey at least once a week for business. I know that we won't be going back here for anything... even the pizza!!!

1  Thank happytraveler8147
There are newer reviews for Nonna's Italian Restaurant

Reviewed December 28, 2011

Earlier this week my boyfriend and I decided to try Nonna's Italian Restaurant in the McDonald's/Trader Joe's shopping center. We've lived in a town close by for a year now and wish we had visited sooner! It was great. I had the Nonna's Sunday Gravy platter and my BF had a meatlovers pizza. Both were very large and delicious. I highly recommend the food.

One warning: the enclosure around the front door does not go to the ceiling and therefore is highly ineffective at keeping the cold NJ air out of the dining area. SIT IN THE BACK or wear your coat.

We also had a bad waiter - I assume he will not last long given the service. The inexpensive price and excellent food made up for his poor service.

Reviewed December 20, 2011

We recently moved to Florham Park and decided to finally check out Nonna's. We went on a Wednesday night and there was a 20 minute wait. This place was packed! I soon found out why - the food was delicious and well worth the wait. I had the chicken parm dinner and my sweetie had the linguine alfredo. We both LOVED our dishes. The ambiance is nice too. There isn't much room to stand or sit when you have to wait for a table so that was a bit uncomfortable. The service was spot on and Nonna's is a BYO, which I totally love. I plan on having them cater my next house party. Very impressed with this place and will definitely be a repeat customer.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

This restaurant is a gem. Service is fast and efficient. The Italian menu is classic old school dishes made to perfection. I had Chicken Marsala with fresh, perfectly sized, mixed vegetables, roasted potatoes, and two nice sized, tender chicken filets, covered with mushrooms in a delicious Marsala sauce. My wife had Sole Francaise, served with the same compliment of vegetables and potatoes. Both dishes were superb. They serve a complimentary brushetta on toast before the meal. A nice mixed salad is included with the entree. Nonna's is BYOB, so you can save some change there, but our bill was $40, including a 20% tip. Love this place!!!

Reviewed November 27, 2011

Since moving to Florham Park, this place is our go-to pizzeria. While Ive had better pizza elsewhere, I've never had a bad piece here. It's always been very good to excellent. Their salads are delicious as well as their appetizers. Their pasta has been a hit or miss for me, but for others I've dined with, they've loved it.

Can you find better Italian food, yes. Can you find better LOCAL Italian food for this value? Absolutely not.

Give it a shot, most likely you won't be dissapointed.