“Good Local Place”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We got take-out from here... everything was very good. This is a very typical Chinese restaurant serving all the classics.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I work in a company near by and we frequented this restaurant since 2008. Over the years, we have seen the prices going up and up. Not sure if it is due to inflation or if management just figures that the business is busy and they will just want to jack up the price no matter what. The food tastes good, but with the price going up continuously, I personally feel that it is not really worth my buck anymore. My personal experience is that the service has gone downhill too. Recently, I was there during lunch hour. The restaurant was packed. The waiter was a bit overwhelmed and I knew he was just busy, but he practically threw the food on our table. I think a minumum standard needs to be maintained and I am very dissappointed to see that it is not the case.

Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

The food at this restaurant is always very good as long as you actually eat at the restaurant. Take out food can often be very spotty not Recommended. We really enjoy the freshness of the food. Waiters do have to be careful to keep hands off tops of glasses that is a bit annoying.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

As previous reviewers have noted, there is a significant lack of good Chinese food choices in the area. China Chalet is easily the best choice. I lived in NYC for 8 years so I'm somewhat spoiled when it comes to Chinese takeout. China Chalet would probably rank close to the middle or bottom compared to the places we used to order from in NYC. The standards are all here, Chicken w/ Broccoli was tender and broccoli fresh. Steamed veggie dumplings not mushy and quite tasty. Chicken w. garlic sauce a bit spicy but still very tender and good. I have only 2 issues with this place. First, they do not deliver! Huh? How is that even possible in the suburbs. They used to deliver but over the past year it appears that its takeout only. Next, the prices are on the high side. A side order of bok choy ran over $10 which was ridiculous. Basically 2 chicken entrees, veg fried rice and a side of bok choy will run you $50. That's NYC prices for sure. I would recommend China Chalet but maybe as a once a month "treat" because for $50, it can't be considered "every week" Chinese food.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I am a frequent customer of this restaurant. We always have a group of people share a variety of dishes. The Mar Po Tofu, Cripsy Prawns & Crispy Sea Bass are our favorites. They are authentic Chinese (not Americanized) dishes. The location is convenient.

This is a good place for real Chinese food, spicy food especially.