“A great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ramada Flemington

Ramada Flemington
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Flemington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Great Falls, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

The first room we were given wasn't even made up. We walked into our assigned room only to find two rumpled, unmade beds and bags of stored trash. So we loaded the car back up, drove back to the front desk and got a new room. The second room had NO working lights when I entered. Finally turned on the bathroom light and was able to find one working lamp that was unplugged but did function when I plugged it in. Clock was broken and couldn't be turned on. Only had 1 dirty, thin, bath towel, no face cloths, no hand towels and no bath mat. My daughter and I were so grossed out that we didn't shower. The single roll of toilet paper was mostly used up and the in-wall tissue box was missing so there was just a rusty, empty inset in the wall. There was a dead roach on the floor. We didn't let bare skin touch the floor and we kept our bags zipped to prevent anything from crawling in and riding home with us. My best advice is sleep in your car before sleeping here. Heck, sleep on a park bench before sleeping here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Elizabeth H
Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Upon arrival at the Ramada Inn – Flemington NJ, from the outside it looked like any normal Ramada Inn. From the inside it told a whole different story. The lobby was a bit cold not much in it and not very warm and welcoming. The staff too was not very warm and friendly, more like, "O' didn't see you standing there, what do you want?" instead of, "Hi and welcome to the Ramada of Flemington my name is________ how can I help you today?"
We received our first "Non Smoking" room key and went to find our room. Well it turns out our room is not in the nice building you see when pulling up but in a building in the back. We found the room, opened the door and got hit by a blast of heat and odor. As we entered the "Non Smoking" room we were overcome with the smell and the stench of the place! It smelled like an ash tray mixed with mildew.
Upon inspection we found the carpet to be damp (no wonder the heat was on) a broken lamp, thick dust on lamp shades and on of the walls and carpet. An out dated kitchenette that looked like that if you used it you could short out the town. The A/C unit was in pieces (no covers), we were unable to adjust the temperature of the heat, and the unit itself was covered with grime and dust inside and outside. The carpet was stained, moist and the walls were dingy with some sort of mystery stains at the head of the bed with boogers wiped on the wall. We called the front desk and without much hesitation they moved us to another room.
Room two was not much better. Luckily when we opened the door we were not hit by a blast of heat or a stench, but we still had dust on lamp shades and around the perimeter of the walls and carpet. The carpet was drier but had stains. This room did not have the kitchenette that we paid extra for but it did have a microwave and refrigerator, however, someone had unplugged the refrigerator and closed the door. When we opened the refrigerator door it was full of black mold so we could not use it and had to keep the perishables we brought with us in the car. There was black mold in and along the grout in the shower. When we lifted the comforter from the bed, the sheets looked like someone had already slept in it! The sheets were worn and wrinkled, not washed, not pressed, not clean smelling, and no tight corners like you would have with a fresh bed.
The towels in the room looked and felt like shop towels. They were worn, hard and had a gray tinge to them. Upon getting back to the room in the evening we found housekeeping removed the used towels but did not provide additional clean ones leaving us with no towels at all. My wife saw a house keeper and asked for towels, she explained that whoever serviced the room forgot to replace the towels. The housekeeper argued with my wife, she said that was not true and there were towels in the room. My wife invited the housekeeper down to check for herself, she then begrudgingly provided the towels.
We then had parking issues. A tree service parked their trucks length wise and took up 10 spots with one truck/trailer taking the parking spot of another guest staying at the Ramada who wanted to park in front of his room. Yelling, vulgarities, vehicles starting and revving, all took place while front desk personal stood there and did nothing but direct irate people to other guest’s rooms to get them involved in the parking mayhem. In the end, the tree people backed up their truck one spot so everyone else could move their cars down one spot, all so this guest could move his pickup truck in front of his room’s door. (with no help from hotel management) Finally, with the truck moved… Peace!
We had two dogs traveling with us for the weekend, as did several other people staying there for a competition. We had a hard time trying to get our dogs to enter the first room. The second room they entered with no problem.
As my wife said; “Just because we have animals, doesn't mean we have to live like animals!”
On a positive note: The second room did have a nice shower head.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Johan611

Travelers are raving about these Flemington hotels

Orange County, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed there while visiting in the area. The room had 2 sets of towels and when I asked housekeeping for additional towels she begrudgingly provided them. In the morning we went down to the continental breakfast and there was a box of donuts and a jug of orange juice on the table. Not what I call a breakfast. Upon getting back to the room in the evening we found housekeeping removed the used towels but did not provide additional clean ones. I would not stay there again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank travelintrio000
Flemington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

It's sad to say that this place was a relief from my previous stay with a different hotel, but that's only because it didn't smell like a stale ashtray filled with cigarette butts. The lobby area was clean so I thought this was a good sign. Not even close. Walking through the carpet-stained halls with dingy walls drove up my blood-pressure. However, walking through the door was a relief. Until I saw the mildew in the bath. The kitchenette is so outdated that I doubt if I would've used it even if there were dishes and pots to cook with. I had to check-in/out three different times due to availability. I wish I had at least stayed in the first room because it all ptook a dive thereafter. My second room was disgusting and the last didn't have a working TV. The reason why it smelled good in the first and last rooms was due to the wood furniture, but the second room didn't have that fresh wood smell since the furniture was your standard cheap motel suite. Everytime I think about seeing hair on the toilet, I gag.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank No N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flemington
Hampton Inn Flemington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bridgewater Branchburg/Somerville
Hampton Inn Clinton
Hampton Inn Clinton
#2 of 2 in Clinton

Been to Ramada Flemington? Share your experiences!