“Excellent Food, Service and Atmosphere”

Market Roost Catering, Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #14 of 127 Restaurants in Flemington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Long Valley, New Jersey
“Excellent Food, Service and Atmosphere”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We happened in to Market Roost while walking along Main St after doing some shopping. The cafe tables outside and a glimpse through the window caught our attention. The store is very tastefully decorated and filled with interesting and fun merchandise for purchase. We approached the counter and were met by the owner who was very friendly and explained the menu. The food was wonderful! We had the chicken salad and a BLT. Everything was made in the store and was fresh and yummy!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank dpeirson

“Had catering for T day. Food Ok. Service TERRIBLE!!”
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Food was Ok but service at the counter was awful. Basically ignored for 20 mins while counter person chatted up her regulars. Just gossip. Nothing related to and order, or their experience. WHen she finally decided to assist me she never made eye contact with while she spoke. I didnt matter. She didnt even notice that my food had already been brought out to the counter. It was scheduled to be picked up. She asked an employee to find it. It was right there the whole time. I can see this place from my house and I will now pursue other options.

• Visited November 2011
3 Thank Kenshaggy
Philadelphia, PA
“Excellent food, quaint atmosphere, great value”
Reviewed May 2, 2010

Four of us met here for Sunday brunch in late February (great halfway point between Philadelphia and northern New Jersey). We picked it based on the other reviews we read in TripAdvisor. We ordered 4 different entrees, ranging from challah french toast to quesadillas to lox on home-made, whole grain bread, and each of us thought it was the best brunch food we'd ever had! They also offer cappuccino, espresso, and hot chocolate made to order, plus a selection of home-made desserts. The restaurant is self-serve: you approach the counter to order and they call you when it's ready. There are perhaps 12 tables total. The cafe includes artwork on the walls and an array of eclectic items for purchase. One couple told us they drive 45 minutes to the Market Roost twice a month for breakfast. We drove an hour and would definitely go again! We have not tried their dinner menu, but plan to.

1 Thank marvi62
East Brunswick, New Jersey
“Country farm feel with good food.”
Reviewed November 15, 2009

I went with a friend for their Sunday brunch special and I was impressed enough to want to return. It was sort of confusing when you first enter as its not set up as a regular restaurant where you sit down and someone comes to serve you. You have to wait in line (before you sit down) to order and pay for your food. You are then called back up by name when your food is ready and you pick it up. We were confused and others were asking us how the procedure went. That wasn't really a plus situation. We actually had a reservation which made absolutely no difference as the place was really sit where you wanted, how you wanted.

I ordered the eggs benedict with ham which was really tasty. I wouldn't call it the best in the state but its definitely up there. My friend ordered the Open Face Melt with ham, havarti with dill, honey mustard, and pear. YUMMO! I so wish I ordered what you did.. Very, very good. We also ordered the Pineapple and Corn Fritters.. nothing to write home about at all. Was missing "something". The hot chocolate was really watery and not tasty. Overall, the ambience was really different and homey and the food was good. I would recommend.

1 Thank msdecember
New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Very Special Place”
Reviewed October 19, 2009

The Market Roost is a Flemington tradition, and a very special place. Open for lunch, Sunday brunch (a specialty) and very recently for dinner on Thursdays and Fridays (BYO, but wine glasses provided). The atmosphere is simple and casual, with counter service at lunch/brunch, and seat-yourself tables. But don’t expect ordinary fare: Everything is top-notch, the recipes imaginative, skillfully prepared, and the fresh ingredients are second to none. Owner-chefs Norman and Carol are a highly experienced and talented couple who treat regulars and newcomers alike with friendly service and great food. You can go simple, with just a fresh-baked muffin, or sandwich or soup; or do the whole brunch thing with a variety baked entrees accompanied by salad or fresh fruit. Even the coffee is superb. They always have a selection of prepared salads, cheeses, gourmet cold-cuts, and Carol's amazing desserts to take home. In the Fall you shouldn’t go home without a container of Norman’s pumpkin bisque. As you can tell, we really love this place, and we highly recommend it.

1 Thank HunterdonFoodie