“Been a while since Ive been to Lucas.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Luca's Ristorante

Luca's Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Luca's Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 126 Restaurants in Flemington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rte 31
Description: A refreshing departure from the ordinary; Luca’s Ristorante Flemington is inventive and original, all-the-while authentic regional Italian gastronomy. It’s Chef Luca DiMeglio’s personification of the soul of Ischia (Italy’s famous island wonderland, located off the coast of Naples) right here in the heart of suburban Flemington. Maintaining with the philosophies that make Italian food such a delight, Chef Luca believes in crafting every element of the dish by hand. Against the beautiful backdrop that is Luca’s dining room, you will begin your dining experience with a basket of assorted artisan breads, followed by one of his homemade pastas, famous hand-cut gnocchi (nonna’s original recipe), or from a selection of one of the evening’s enchanting specials. The final touch; one of Chef Luca’s select desserts accompanied by the perfect cup of locally micro-roasted espresso or cappuccino. Benvenuti e Buon Appetito!
Flemington
“Been a while since Ive been to Lucas.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

I havent been to lucas in a couple of months. I really felt like I was missing out it is definitely my favorite Italian in the area. I noticed they had a 50 Layer chicken par lasagna on special, I didnt even need to look at the menu haha. This is one of the best if not the best lasagna i have ever had I really want to come by and try the three meat one. You did it again Lucas.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank John C

Cranford, New Jersey
“Consistantly amazing food at Luca's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

I have been back to Luca's twice in the past month, both meals were excellent. The one that left a lasting impression on me was a lunch Panini. It was tastefully presented with fresh greens on the side. Grilled chicken, sundried tomatoes, fresh mozz and fresh bread - delicious. Can't wait to continue exploring this menu...

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Tim P
Wildwood Crest, New Jersey
“Bugs”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

After a raving review from a customer in my store, I couldn't wait to try Luca's. I love Italian food and like many others, I am on the constant hunt for authentic Italian cuisine. Four of us had a 7:00 reservation for a Friday night. I overlooked the horrible location in the hopes that nothing could ever interfere with the food that I was about to eat. Entering Luca's was so uninviting. Where is the hostess? Host? Owner? Anyone except a few random stares from men sitting around in the kitchen? A waiter finally arrived to show us to our table. There were just two other tables in the whole restaurant. My warning bells starting going off but I was still optimistic.
The waiter gave us some information about specials and while doing so I decided to open my linen wrapped utensils. Out crawled a nice size roach which proceeded to scurry across the table! My announcement and jumping out of my chair, alerted the waiter to scoop it up and carry it away. Now what to do? At any moment I was expecting someone, anyone to come to our table to apologize, offer an excuse, an explanation or even a bold face lie. No one came except our waiter with a new set of rolled up utensils in linen muttering that he was sorry. Of course I wanted to leave with a huff and a puff but my fellow diners were hungry and they are a little more "earthy" than myself! So I stuck it out and kept my eyes wide open!
Now despite all of this bad restaurant behavior, I will mention that the food was very good, the amount that I was able to get down. My husband is still raving about his mako shark with squid ink pasta in a lemon caper sauce. However, I kept looking around for critters. Hanging from the ceiling is a trellis covered in cheap plastic greens. Tacky for sure but one can only ask "what is living up there"?
Sorry Luca's but you need a lesson in customer appreciation and an exterminator!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank lsciarra
“Nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Had heard about Luca's for some time and finally made it on a Sunday night. Place wasn't very crowded. Had read about the uncomfortable chairs and immediately understood what the reviewers were talking about but we didn't find them terribly uncomfortable. It seemed kind of smoky inside but it was all up at the ceiling. I guess it was from the wood burning stove. The important part - the food - was great, with the exception of my salad, which was drenched in dressing. Everyone had enough to take some home for lunch the next day. Fabulous pasta. Will definitely come back.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Greg C
Belmar
“New Lasagna Special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

I've eaten lasagna in Italian Restaurants from coast to coast and in Italy but never have I ever had anything like Luca's 50 layer lasagna. Where do I start? Fresh in store made pasta, fresh mozzarella, ground sirloin, short ribs and chuck steak, simply unbelievable flavor and taste.
If you don't try this you're missing something really special.

• Visited February 2014