“Best place in town” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Luca's Ristorante

Luca's Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Luca's Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 124 Restaurants in Flemington
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rte 31
Description: A refreshing departure from the ordinary; Luca’s Ristorante Flemington is inventive and original, all-the-while authentic regional Italian gastronomy. It’s Chef Luca DiMeglio’s personification of the soul of Ischia (Italy’s famous island wonderland, located off the coast of Naples) right here in the heart of suburban Flemington. Maintaining with the philosophies that make Italian food such a delight, Chef Luca believes in crafting every element of the dish by hand. Against the beautiful backdrop that is Luca’s dining room, you will begin your dining experience with a basket of assorted artisan breads, followed by one of his homemade pastas, famous hand-cut gnocchi (nonna’s original recipe), or from a selection of one of the evening’s enchanting specials. The final touch; one of Chef Luca’s select desserts accompanied by the perfect cup of locally micro-roasted espresso or cappuccino. Benvenuti e Buon Appetito!
Flemington, New Jersey
“Best place in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have been eating at Luca's at least every other week for about a year now, and I am a raving fan. This isn't generic Italian food, and this place has so much more to offer than pizza and chicken parm. Italian has always been my favorite, but I have never been to a restaurant that even compares to Luca's. Before you even start your meal, you're given an assortment of breads homemade by Luca which sets you up for an even more impressive meal. All the pastas are homemade, and every entree has a unique taste. To top it off, you are sitting in an authentic atmosphere, and Frank, who I always request to be my waiter(If he's working that day), makes my experiences there even more enjoyable. Everything about this restaurant is exquisite, and I find myself comparing meals I have elsewhere to my experiences at Luca's. My favorite restaurant HANDS DOWN, and without a doubt the best place in town.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Charlie A

Princeton, New Jersey
“Fantastic Lunches”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've only had their lunches, but they are FANTASTIC. All bread is baked fresh on site, the steak sandwich has REAL STEAK sliced after cooking, meatball sub has real meat (you can taste the difference) and the italian sub is excellent. The prices are slightly more than the convenience store but the food was actually cooked where you buy it.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Brett B
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Addicting.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

Wow, the food is superb, the service is great and the vibe of the restaurant is estatic. I've been here 3 times within the past month and every time I leave I'm never disappointed. From the fresh pasta to the home made bread and desserts I can't get enough of it.

1 Thank Chrisdavid123
“So good, THIS IS NOT JUST A PIZZERIA!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

I have been frequenting Luca's religiously over the past 3+ years since I accidentally discovered it. The dining room is really beautiful, and very authentic rustic. The food, especially in recent, months is just so good! From the outside it just looks like another run-of-the mill pizza joint. It's not! Go to Luca's for a real uniquely delicious meal. Their Italian-American stuff is good (spaghetti and meatballs, eggplant parm, etc.) but their menu has so many more exciting things than that to offer, I urge you to order something different. There is always some amazing special too. I find the prices to be fair and the wait staff pleasant and accommodating. It is one of the only places here in town where you can go and enjoy a quality dining experience. It is unlike anything I have had elsewhere.

4 Thank benfattoj
Lambertville, New Jersey
“What a pleasure.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

I was just so pleasantly surprised by Luca's. In an unassuming strip mall lies the best Italian food I have tasted stateside. The bread was dynamite with the hummus & oil. The pasta, however, blew me away. I got the special with broccoli rabe, olives, anchovies & some tiny bacon pieces. Delicious! The sauce wasn't too heavy yet extremely flavorful and the combination of ingredients was perfect. My mom LOVED her meatballs, which are the smoothest most scrumptious I've ever had. Honestly, this place is worth the money. The owner CARES. One suggestion - if they dimmed the lights a bit the place could take on a whole new level of charm. I will be back!

• Visited December 2012