“Only B&B I'd Go To In All Of New Jersey!”

Main Street Manor Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Flemington B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Having stayed here at least six times in two years, I've become close with owners/hosts Ken and Donna Arold. People arrive as strangers and leave as friends. That's because the Arolds were meant to run a bed and breakfast, like a calling. They truly get pleasure from catering to their visitors and insuring they leave 100% satisfied. This haven from problems and stress, this escape from the real world, will entice you to return again and again. The entire building is appealing, seasonally decorated, and meticulously clean, inside and out. There's a spacious, inviting, and relaxation-inducing porch; lovely, lavish landscaping; prettily appointed foyer that hints of delights to come; a gorgeous sitting room with comfortable couches and chairs, fragrant fireplace, and soothing music; perfectly and beautifully decorated dining room with coffees, teas, hot chocolate, homemade cookies and cakes, all available 24/7; a media room filled with books, dvds, info on area shops and restaurants, photo albums of past weddings and events held there, and a little gift area; and last but certainly not least, climb the fine wooden stairs to reach the five exquisite bedrooms. Each one has it's own keys, name, theme, color scheme, large sun-lit windows with venetian blinds and lace curtains, private bathroom with shower, tv/dvd player, books, desk, bureau, closet, alarm clock, air conditioner, and heater thermostat. (The "Forget-Me-Not" has a claw foot tub. The "English Rose" has it's own balcony). And the 9am breakfast: delectable, fresh, filling, and presented attractively. Ken and Donna cannot do enough to ensure your enjoyment of this feast of pleasures. Are you vegan, allergic to any foods, can't have sugar, etc.? Tell them ahead of time and your wish is their command; words cannot express how totally accommodating Donna and Ken are. When I get a visitor from out of town, I leave my husband home, and my friend and I stay the night at Main Street Manor. It's fun sleeping in a different room each time. And there's always gonna be another time. The ironic thing is: I only live five minutes away!

Room Tip: Check out their website for all the information you could ever need.. Click on the picture of each...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lori B

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I spent 4 nights at the Main Street Manor and was in the Morning Glory room. Now I have never stayed in a B&B before. And after my 4 days at the Main Street Manor, I can say that if all B&B's were like her, I'd stay in a B&B without hesitation.

Firstly, the property is beautiful - a house built in 1901 with impeccable period pieces throughout. And check out the musical box from the 1800s! Each room has its own toilet and shower facilities. The rooms are cleaned every day so they are literally spotless. Towels, shampoo, body wash were also provided. Secondly, the service at the inn - amazing. I had to leave the inn at around 8am-8:30am most mornings and 6:30am one morning and Donna was very kind to serve me breakfast before I go each morning. The food was so yummy I had to request for the recipes to bring home! Quality ingredients are used in everything - no processed stuff. Everything in the inn was well thought through. Several treats were available at our convenience - wine on the weekends, and some home baked cakes and cookies. I found the Keurig beverage machine in the formal dining room very useful at night when I could not sleep and needed a cup of hot cocoa.

As a woman traveling alone, I felt safe and taken care of. Thank you Ken and Donna. I will definitely be back if I am in the area. And I highly recommend anyone who is looking for a place to stay in the area to check out Main Street Manor. It is such a hidden gem and you will not be dissappointed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Karen_Trinity-HK
Reviewed March 18, 2013

we were married on August 11th 2012... a private ceremony just the two of us.. everything was wonderful... Donna and Ken were so kind and helpful.. they made us feel very comfortable.. the food that they prepared for us was excellent.. the room was immaculatly clean.. can't wait to return again for a visit!!! Scott and Laura D. thank you!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank blackrust
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Thanks, again, for giving us a PERFECT weekend! Your consistent attention to every detail and our comfort makes EVERY visit a truly lovely experience. After running around with grandchildren all day, we return to your peaceful haven. We begin each day with the delicious, leisurely breakfast and are "ready for anything." Each trip, I look forward to "what's in the cookie jar and on the dessert table." Always a treat! We will see you again soon.

Room Tip: Love English Rose room for porch.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Our short visit to the Main Street Manor was like a visit to an earlier less hustle and bustle time.The Inn was impecabally decorated and cared for. Every detail was carefully thought out. We felt like we were visiting a family in the late 1800 or early 1900's. Donna served an wonderful breakfast and made a reservation for us at an excellent restaurant, the Sergeantsville Inn. It was a great way to celebrate my birthday (Donna even had a Happy Birthday surprise in our room) and we will be going back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DEL1_11
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This was our second visit to Main Street Manor. We have been to many B&B's, and this by far makes the top of our list. The inn is beautifully decorated and immaculate! The rooms are so quiet and cozy. The beds are so comfy! When we woke up it was a homey feeling of being at Grandmother's house. :) Donna and Ken do a wonderful job of making you feel welcome and like you've known them for a long time. The breakfast and snacks are so delicious and homemade! You truly feel like you are being pampered! It is the perfect getaway from the busyness of life!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MBP8
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We initially chose the Main Street Manor Bed & Breakfast Inn because we could only get away for one night and had a hard time finding a B&B in the area that did not require a two night minimum on the weekend. Main Street offered a one night stay on a Saturday so we booked. We were so pleasantly surprised and had a truly memorable experience! Donna and Ken were awesome with a great suggestion for dinner, which we loved! Breakfast was delicious and the rooms were picture perfect. We are looking forward to our next trip there!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kim493
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flemington
Hampton Inn Flemington
Lambertville Station Inn
Lambertville Station Inn
#1 of 2 in Lambertville
Residence Inn Bridgewater Branchburg

Been to Main Street Manor Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!