“Wonderful Weekend Stay!”

Main Street Manor Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Flemington B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Just got back from spedning two nights at the Main Street Manor B&B for the Columbus Day weekend. My husband and I typically go to hotels, so this was a new experience for us. And, we can honestly say, we were extremely impressed and happy about our choice.

From the moment we arrived, Donna dand Ken, the Innkeepers, made us feel right at home. The Manor is impeccably kept and the aromas of Donna's baking fill the common rooms. There is a living room and dining room (both with fireplaces) and a library/sitting room where you can check brochures on local areas of interest, menus at local restaurants, read a book or borrow a DVD for use in the TV (which is in each guest room - not a common feature of B&Bs).

We had one of the smaller guest rooms, but it was very comfortable and well decorated. Donna includes some nice touchesd, like a journal for the room where you can write your thoughts, like all previous people who have stayed in the room.

The breakfast each moring was fabulous and was made with fresh, local ingredients. And there were always baked treats available throughout the day (e.g., a apple cake that I have to get the recipe for, brownies and cookies) in addition to wine and coffee.

But, most important, was the way we were made to feel like part of he family by Donna and Ken. When we first met I mentioned that I like to get some juice early in the morning (helps clear my allergies) before actual breakfast. The next morning my husband went into the butler's pantry to get some bottled water and Donna had put a bottle of cranberry juice in the frig with my name on it! Also my husband mentioned how much he liked the peanut butter cookies they had out (his favorite), and later that same day, Donna had a whole new cookie jar full of them (homemade)! I think it's the extra touches like this that really make the difference in your stay.

I would highly recommend the Main Street Manor to anyone looking to stay in this area. And, if you're a dog lover like us, you'll be glad to meet Quincy, their labrador retreiver!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 2, 2012

A lovely B & B, lovely grounds, off street parking, very welcoming host. Breakfast was complete and the coffee just right. Bottle of wine from the local vineyard made available to us and a relaxed visit with other guests.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank linda z
Reviewed September 25, 2012

What a delightful weekend! We had a beautiful room in this charming and welcoming B&B. Our hostess and host could not have been more helpful! They even called us a few days before about restaurant reservations because they wanted us to have the best choices--and we did!

After a fabulous breakfast followed by some "exercising" at the outlets and in town, we spent a glorious afternoon on the commodious porch--playing cards, reading, enjoying the wonderful weather, maybe even shutting our eyes for a bit.

By the time we left on Sunday (after another glorious breakfast), we knew we had found a winner! Thank you, Donna and Ken and Quincy, for your hospitality!!!
Barbara and Ira

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2012

When I first saw the Main Street Manor B&B, I knew right away that it was where I wanted to host my daughter's bridal shower. The innkeepers, Donna and Ken are most gracious and welcoming. The charming decor of the inn invokes warm feelings and fond memories and also serves to spark conversation among the guests. On the day of the shower, our small party of 17 had exclusive use of the first floor common areas: a living room, sitting room, dining room, and an inviting front porch - which was a great place for lunch on that lovely Fall day. We had delicious homemade specialty iced tea, cucumber water, fruit punch, as well as fresh fruit, as we waited for the guest of honor to arrive. Donna expertly prepared a delicious and eye pleasing luncheon with a bevy of wonderful desserts which were enjoyed by all. The intimate, relaxed setting and excellent accommodations made the day just perfect! I heartily recommend the Main Street Manor B&B as a venue for any special event.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank GKS08822
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My husband and I returned to Main St Manor B&B because we could not shake the memory of our first visit, when we were so loathe to leave the manor after checkout. Again, our expectations were exceeded as Donna, Ken, and Quincy made us feel like family with their easy, generous hospitality and great food. Somehow, over breakfast, guests whom we never met before seemed like long-time friends by the time we all parted company. My husband and I have already booked our post-Christmas getaway, and it can't come soon enough!

Room Tip: We slept in the Forget-me-not and I really enjoyed the comfy banquette across from the window - perf...
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We recently stayed at the Main Street Manor B & B in Flemington, NJ with another couple - friends of ours . It was a present for our friends 40th Birthday as a weekend get away. This was our third time there and there first. They absolutely loved it! I knew they would. Ken and Donna make you feel right at home. We love sitting out on their porch. Its so relaxing and Ken's heirloom brushcetta never disappoints. The B & B is clean, inviting, comfortable, great location to local shopping, markets etc. We almost always visit new hope when we are there as well. The breakfast is delicious, just a great place to continue to visit. We will surely be back and so will our friends.

Room Tip: The English Rose room has a Balcony!.
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We had a enjoyable stay at the B&B. The room, atmosphere, hospitality, and breakfast were outstanding. Provided maps and easy to follow directions to local areas of interest. Looking forward to a return trip.

Al & Carol

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flemington
Hampton Inn Flemington
Lambertville Station Inn
Lambertville Station Inn
#1 of 2 in Lambertville
Residence Inn Bridgewater Branchburg

Been to Main Street Manor Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!