“By Far, Best Place to Eat in Flemington”

Matt's Red Rooster Grill
Ranked #2 of 127 Restaurants in Flemington
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Description: Matt’s Red Rooster Grill is a contemporary American bistro paying homage to a wood fired grill that “brings out the best flavors” of traditional American cuisine, reinvented creatively. A CIA (Hyde Park) graduate, Chef Matt McPherson stays true to his local roots integrating the finest seasonal ingredients, sourced from local family farms & day boat fisherman into his unique dishes. The restored Victorian home provides a relaxed elegant atmosphere to catch up with friends, celebrate special occasions, enjoy a romantic dinner, or impress an important client. As Matt’s creations pamper your taste buds, the staff indulges you with rock star service, the perfect remedy for a long day or week. With two floors, downstairs feeds off the warmth & energy of a bustling open kitchen. Four seats at the Chef's counter let you feel the heat, as you watch Matt & his team from a perch over the grill. Upstairs is away from the bustle while the porch provides relaxed & refreshing outdoor dining.
new york
“By Far, Best Place to Eat in Flemington”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Such an enjoyable overall dinning experience. This was our third visit to Matt's. We've never been disappointed. Seasonal/creative menu, perfectly orchestrated service, food that I'm still talking about weeks later and a beautiful space. Reservations are so necessary, but if you pop in without one, there may be space right in front of the open kitchen.

New Jersey
“This little piggy”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We love to go to Matt's Red Rooster for special occasions or an impromptu treat. The food and service is always very good, and on nice days we can bring our therapy dogs along and dine outside.

On this occasion we selected the "Winter Pork Fest" special and it was stellar! Each of the 4 included pork, and each course built nicely on the prior one. I have a pretty big appetite and still had some great leftovers to doggie bag.

I think Matt's is the absolute best restaurant in this area... at least of the ones that we have eaten at which is certainly most of them. Sign up for their email specials. Most are just too good not to take advantage of!

Lambertville, New Jersey, United States
“Just Right!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I enjoyed a fabulous dinner with my father at Matt's on Tuesday. The food was fabulous (center cut filet, very tender), and the service was perfect. We were allowed to talk and take our time over our meal, we weren't rushed. But we weren't ignored either, in fact it was just right! Every table had patrons, but for some reason, even though the place is small, we felt we were having a private, excellent, dinner. I contribute this to the attentive staff and welcoming atmosphere, and, should I say it again? - excellent food! Well worth the price, I will go again. Soon.

Flemington, New Jersey
“Excellent cuisine and attentive wait staff”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I've been going to Matt's Red Rooster Grill since they opened their doors and I have yet to be disappointed in the food or service! The at-home atmosphere and attentive wait staff add to the great menu options. I always get the Grilled Romaine salad to start but always try something new for my entree. I've never been let down.

Miami
“Excellent food; Warm and comfortable surroundings”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Very good food. Unfortunately, everybody at the table ordered the same things, so I didn't get to sample a broad selection. I know the steaks are good...