“Authentic Italian”
Review of Orvieto Restaurant

Orvieto Restaurant
Ranked #92 of 129 Restaurants in Flemington
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fine Italian cuisine, authentically European. Classical cooking from all regions of Italy. Catering on and off premises. Private parties available for birthdays, weddings, rehearsals, commitment ceremonies, communions, and business meetings.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This family-owned restaurant is the real deal; it is the proper way to have an Italian meal. If you are looking for a quick bite to eat, you are looking at the wrong place. I have never ordered from the actual menu, but I have never walked away feeling I have had a meal that is below excellence.

The owner comes around to each table to give the specials for that evening. You are salivating from moment one and after she is done with her monologue you are brought back into reality because you were dreaming of each and every item she just explained to you. How can you possibly choose, each meal sounds delectable! She will do this for the appetizers, meals and desserts...if you possibly have room. I highly recommend this restaurant. I have come here for many, many dinners and even planned my parents' surprise 30th Anniversary party.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

The owners are also the chefs for the entrees, pastries and delectable desserts including all types of sundaes. They only use the freshest food and put a great deal of thought and time into creating and cooking meals. Prices might be considered on the high side, but the quality, quantity and presentation of the food are well worth it. The restaurant itself is sparkling clean, nicely decorated with a lovely ambience. The owners are friendly and concerned that their customers are satisfied with everything. From the appetizers, soups, entrees, to desserts, the food is uniquely prepared. I highly recommend trying Orvieto. I believe once you do, you will definitely return again and again.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I live nearby and thought we would give this place a try as I drive by it all the time. We were never given any menus just the specials, which she recited in great detail and sounded delicious. We order an appetizer, 2 chicken specials, 2 desserts and 2 sodas. The bill was $94.20. You can imagine our shock. It was good food but not $120 food when you include the tip. After we left we went online and looked at their menu. Not one of the chicken dishes was over $19.00 yet we were charged $24.99 for each one. We were also charged $2.50 for each soda when online it says $2.00. The appetizer and desserts aren't even on the online menu so we have no idea of what they should have been. The waitress kept the itemized bill so we couldn't even go back and ask about the price differences, all we got was the credit card receipt. We will NOT be going back and now know why it was completely dead on a Friday night!

2  Thank Fillionfan
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I live close by and pass this restaurant all the time. I decided one nice week night evening that I would treat myself to dinner. I arrived when they first opened for dinner and I was the only one there for the entire dinner. The woman owner gave me a menu then proceeded to tell me the specials, in so much detail I couldn't stand it, moaning & rolling her eyes, and then I said, "I'd like to look at the menu, too", and she said, "All my regulars don't even bother looking at the menu, they just love the specials.".........Well, I felt like she was pushing the specials because I was the only one there. I did wind up ordering a special and it was excellent. However, what really annoyed me, was she kept walking by my table like a hovering mother asking me, "How is it? Isn't it wonderful?", then 'That;s one of our most popular dishes", "Isn't the chef terrific?" etc. The constant comments were a real turn off to the point that I won't go back in. I like to go to a restaurant and be told the specials, or better yet, give me a list of specials and the prices, and let me decide what I want. This owner is overbearing and trys to coax patrons to buy the specials. I've been to a million restaurants and this was THE most annoying service I have ever had. I eat out quite a bit and never experienced anything like this before. I also like to sit quietly and eat my meal or go thru some paperwork. I am a big girl and didn't appreciate the constant comments. "Treating yourself to a nice dinner tonight?", etc..The owner needs to learn to BACK OFF. The restaurant was older, charming and the food was delicious. But, I won't go back because I know from what others have written here that the woman owner will still be there. That's a real shame. I think she thinks her 'chattyness' comes across as being 'friendly'. It comes across as pushy and annoying. I'd rather get a nice slice of pizza and eat in peace somewhere else. It's too bad because the food was very good.

2  Thank ssg47
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Nice ambiance but the food leaves a lot to be desired. Went with some friends and most were very disappointed with their meals. My wife's pasta and broccoli was way too salty. My friend's wife was the last to be served and her meal arrived cold. Two of us ordered the Osso Bucco based on waiter's recommendation and it was the worst I have ever had. Very tough and lots of fat. We expressed our dissatisfaction with the waiter and absolutely nothing was done nor was it ever acknowledged or addressed by the manager. Will never go back. Save your money and go somewhere else!

1  Thank DCI1264