“Nice Place for Lunch!”

Jakes Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #8 of 126 Restaurants in Flemington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Jake's Restaurant & Bar opened in Hunterdon county 1991. Chef William Kinslow has been bringing a sophisticated dining experience in a casual atmosphere. Jake's Restaurant and Bar offers many fine food beer and wine selections.Jake's offers two rooms, the casual bar with 8 TVs and the white-tabled clothed dining room. The same menu is served in both rooms. Jake's specializes in fresh seafood and great steak. The Jake's Steak, a 12oz. Cajun prime rib, has been a customer favorite for years. While the Lobster Mac n' Cheese is a new addition, that is becoming a crowd favorite. In addition, Jake's offer pasta dishes, salads and burgers. All food can be matched with Jake's award winning wine list. Jake's has received the Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence for 8 years in a row. The bar has 15 beers on tap, and over 50 different bottled beers.
Gordonsville, Virginia
“Nice Place for Lunch!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We met some friends here for Lunch on Sunday afternoon - It was not crowded and the food, service and prices were very good. They served plenty of food - I ordered the Fork & Knife burger (hence no bun) which came with onions and mushrooms over sauted spinach and 1 side! Choose the Sweet potatoe fries - you will not be disappointed! (saved Calories from the lack of a bun so I could eat Fries!) - why go to a chain restaurant when there are these great Local places?

• Visited November 2012

Norfolk, Massachusetts
“Very good, but a bit overpriced”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We went here as a party of five on a recent Saturday night. Fortunately they were able to seat us quickly. The restaurant was a bit noisy and aged, and also had a fish odor. On the other hand, the service and attention was terrific. Three of us ordered the Seared Scallops and two ordered the Hunter's (Jäger) Schnitzel from the special Oktoberfest menu. All were very good. The scallops were a bit overpriced but they were offset by the Schnitzel and the Weisswurst which were also good and reasonable. A good experience.

• Visited September 2012
Flemington, New Jersey
“Good local hangout”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Jake's has good food, reasonable prices, a good selection of wine and liquor. Good service too. What is not to like?

Visited August 2012
Washington Township, New Jersey
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Went with a group of friends. Made a reservation for 9 people. When we arrived we were in the back corner of the bar area, not a lot of room and based on our guests, we decided we needed a more 'accessible' area. They were kind enough to move us to the dining room, at which time we thought we'd only need 8 seats. Moments later as we were sitting down, 2 additional friends showed up unexpectedly so we had to add more seats. Again, Jakes was very accommodating.

The waitress was another story. A tad unprofessional as she was complaining (to us) about some of our guests at the opposite end of the table. She didnt seem to know how to manage a table of 9. Sensing her stress, we told her not to worry, we're very flexible and to just relax.

As the food began arriving, I noticed not everyone was happy. Calamari was "awful", the bread was stale ... my 'classic' burger was nothing to rave about - I ate less than half of it, my Mediterranean cob salad was 'ok'. Not once did I hear the waitress ask how anything was. Never did she inquire as to why so many of us didnt finish our meals. One of our guests got overlooked and hadn't placed their order. Trying to get water refills was like pulling teeth, and forget about coffee refills ... non-existent!

I had heard some really good things about the food - but I was really not impressed. I dont think anyone in our party would go back.

The just so-so food combined with the waitress experience left me very disappointed.

• Visited August 2012
Villanova, Pennsylvania
“A big misteak.”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I went to Jake's with my family to celebrate Father's Day. We had been there once before. But this time, it was the most terrible experience for us. With only 4 other tables occupied, we wound up waiting for over an hour for our dinner to be served. No bread on the table. Not even steak knives for the steak orders. When the dinners came to our table, my wife's dinner was missing. We had to start eating without her. Although we gave her portions of our food, we couldn't make up for the awkward situation. She was ravenous, but had to wait for an additional 10-15 min before her dinner appeared. There was no explanation given for the late food presentation or an apology for the service. We didn't pay for the dinner but, given the circumstances, it would be hard to return.

• Visited June 2012