“For kids of all ages.”
Review of Northlandz

Northlandz
Ranked #1 of 23 things to do in Flemington
More attraction details
Owner description: Home of the world's largest model railroad, Northlandz also offers a 94 room dollhouse, art galleries and a massive pipe organ.
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Northlandz is a treat for everyone, yes they have , in the words of my 7 year old grand son "this place is awesome. Now he loves trains any and all types. But his sisters also enjoyed not only the trains; but the antique dolls found thru out the attraction. They all also enjoyed the miniature train ride. Truth bre told the adults loved Northlandz too.

1  Thank GregCzar

Reviewed January 20, 2014

For anyone who is a train aficionado you will marvel at the work done here - and really it shouldn't be missed. It's huge and sprawling with lots and lots of tracks and fascinating vignettes. The construction is impressive, and how the guest is directed through the exhibit seeing it from different angles is great.

It is in need of a good paint job and a good cleaning. I'd have loved to see more trains running and rather than the dolls that line the halls, I'd have appreciated some train memorabilia but that's me. The key here is upkeep. So much remarkable effort that went into this is so amazing (I mean I can't even imagine the time and effort) that while surely you can't keep dust off of everything, you can attend to some of the cobwebs, The paint in the corridors needs to be attended to...little things like that... to really not distract from the marvel of what you are seeing. I'd have also liked to understand more about the engineering and the various trains, etc. I've been before and I'll go back again, but really for the entry price sets the bar pretty high and you want more spit and polish.

2  Thank lionsandlynx
Reviewed January 20, 2014

You will never see a better train display in your life. The imagination and work that goes into this man's life's work is just mind blowing. I think this would be a bit overwhelming for small children since it is so massive and extensive. We intend to bring back our older grandchildren and their parents. Besides the creativity, this attraction shows what can be accomplished if you have passion for something. Turn off the video games, take a long walk indoors and enjoy the show.

2  Thank J S
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I had read the reviews and finally took my kids here one Saturday afternoon before Christmas, it was snowing quite a bit so almost nobody was there. We had a coupon to save a few dollars off so that made it better. I will agree with anyone that complains about the exhibits being dusty but there were places they were working on improving the displays, not sure how they could safely remove dust from everything. There were a decent amount of trains going all through but it could probably have been some more going. My 3 yr old could usually see with the small steps they had every so often. My 10 yr old enjoyed it well enough. The ticket guy said it would be up to 3 hrs to get through, I think it was about 1 hr 15 min. We only encountered one family and we passed by them after a short time. I wouldn't go back anytime soon but I was satisfied and impressed with the sheer size of things and how it is set up. You go around and up to see things and around and down, I had expected just one thing on one level for viewing. I wouldn't be too happy if it were busy or if kids were blocking my kids, we basically had a private tour. You have to use the bathroom before you go in and also you can buy food or drinks and bring them with you during the tour.

3  Thank Jeremy31Virgo
Reviewed January 1, 2014

It was Christmas holidays and we wanted to keep the grand-kids busy and so some fun things. My grandson in particular loves trains and the doll exhibit was perfect for the girls. It was a great visit. Dozens of trains going at once, incredible scenery- something different around each bend. At the end you can take a short (and slow) train ride outside of the building. Only $2.75 per person and fun for the little kids.