“Avoid If You're Looking for a Pleasant Evening” 1 of 5 bubbles

Got a photo?
Add it.
Brunello Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Brunello Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 124 Restaurants in Flemington
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Mailing address is Flemington but located on outskirts - Croton I think
“Avoid If You're Looking for a Pleasant Evening”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

We used to frequent this place under the previous owners. It was taken over about 6 months ago and we decided to give it a go. From beginning to end, the experience was terrible with a couple redeeming pieces thrown in. We had made reservations for a Friday evening, but they were quite unnecessary as there was only 1 other table taken in the dining room and there was a party in the other room. We had to wait for far too long to be sat, especially given the slow night. Once sat, the waitress did not know the specials or what the fish or risotto of the day was. We ordered a pizza and shrimp cocktail for appetizers and main courses for everyone, as well as drinks. Drinks took forever to come to the table each time another round was ordered. The shrimp cocktail was truly "shrimp" sized, only 3 small shrimps! The pizza was tasty, hot, and enjoyed by everyone. Once main courses finally came out (after a very long wait in a very, very cold restaurant), 2 were hot and 1 was ice cold with congealed gravy on top showing it has been sitting for a very long time. Even worse, the fourth never appeared. The hostess first brought a "filet" to the table and we informed her we had ordered veal chop. Then she came back with the exact same "filet" plate and asked who had ordered the flank steak. These are very different cuts of meat and should never, ever be confused or attempted to be sold as the same. We sent back the cold veal dish and it came back 30 seconds later steaming hot, obviously just popped in the microwave which made it tough. Remember, we're still waiting for the fourth main course. After 20 minutes and many promises it was on the way, it still hadn't come and we tried to cancel. We were offered a free round and free desserts to make us stay and we accepted. It took 34 minutes for my main course to appear and it was barely cooked through, no way a chop should take that long so it was obviously just ignored for a while. The food was mostly tasty except the microwaved veal. Desserts were good. When the check came (and it was a sizable check), the drinks and desserts were never taken off the bill as promised. We weren't even given the chop on the house despite having the wait over a half an hour for it while everyone else's food got cold as they tried to be polite and wait. Unacceptable. Everyone blamed everyone else for the problems and the party of only 17 people in the other room was claimed to be taking all the attention for a dining room that has seats for over 30 people. We were even told we couldn't have new silverware as there wasn't enough to go around. This evening was supposed to be nice but ended up being an expensive waste of time. Unprofessional, impolite, and not a fun place to go. Plenty of other Italian restaurants where you can have better food, better prices, and MUCH better service.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank ajax1995

“Cross roads Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Hidden at Rt12 and 579, Flemington, Pittstown, Quakertown, Nj, Metroplex, Brunellos has changed over several years with new owners, each bringing a different flavor from their respective parts of Italian influence. From the new owners I had American Prime rib, usually I eat the house cuisine . Returned lately after reading , looking for hours of operation, on-line and saw a somewhat negative review. I decide to go an try Veal Parmigiana , if it Italians can not make this Hallmark dish, they are in trouble with me. Another local place serves this and they think a thick piece of veal is the way to go, Nay, thin and tender is then key. So I ordered this and it was tender, crisply breaded and can be cut with a fork...Perfectissimo. ...coupled with their Gorgonzola topped Insalata Verde...great. And coupled to modest pricing and very good classic Martini.....my favorite olive salad., everyone else in the group also were well satisfied, Salmon, pasta, calamari .

• Visited June 2014
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States
“Sad that they just changed hands>>>>”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

I have been to Brunellos many times over the years and always had wonderful meals. Unfortunately, 12 of us went for dinner on January 17th and it was awful! It was just sold a few days before and I hope they clean up their act or they will close! The calamari was always a fav and it was tough and greasy...the chicken parm was tasteless and my brothers veal parm was tough also. As I said we have never had a bad meal here until this day! Five of us got coffee and by the time the cream got to my brother and I there wasn't any left! And they did not refill it or the water glasses! I may try it one more time in a few months, but right now I would have to decline...a huge disappointment!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Helen N
New Jersey
“Brunello good solid Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

Reliabley good, often very good, reasonable prices and very helpful wait staff in an easy going atmosphere.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Raritan, New Jersey
“A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

I had a surprise birthday party for my husband in September 2013. I made arrangements to have the banquet room (which holds 50 people) and had 42 guests. Tables were arranged to accommodate 6 guests each and the room was pleasant and spacious. The dinner consisted of antipasto, fried calamari, penne vodka and salad and you had a choice of 3 selections for the main course. Cheese cake and tea/coffee were served for dessert. Children were also accommodated. All of the food was delicious which was accompanied by servers that were not only attentive but also respectful. If you would like to have a gathering, I would suggest Brunello Trattoria. I had nothing negative to say about food or service. All at a reasonable price.

• Visited September 2013