“It's OK”
Review of Brunello Trattoria

Brunello Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Brunello Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 135 Restaurants in Flemington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Mailing address is Flemington but located on outskirts of Rt 579 and Old Croton Road. Full Bar Service with Wood burning pizza oven, private event rooms and patio dinning in season. Great local business with great quality food to include Gluten Free entrees, allergen friendly and professional dinning room and bar staff. Brick oven pizza a wonderful addition also offering Gluten Free pizza. Always enjoyable and lots of live music nights!
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I've tried this place on two occasions. Once right after they opened and again recently. The atmosphere is nice but the food is just average to me and the prices are a bit steep in my opinion. There are other options nearby that are a much better value.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Just ate here this evening for the first time. We took a chance based on all the great reviews from all others on this site. I cannot tell you how absolutely wonderful it was. The place is not at all where you'd expect, let alone what you'd expect. It's small, and well kept. The staff is extraordinarily attentive, but NOT overbearing. They are professionals. The menu has classic Italian standards as well as other more creative options. They offer specials in both appetizers and dinners. I happened to order the nights homemade pasta- pappardelle al busco- thick ribbon cut pasta with HUGE portobello mushrooms and a brown cream sauce. Have never had anything like it. AMAZING! My husband had the gnocchi bolognese which was also outstanding. We have not ever had a bolognese that comes close to the types we've had in Italy over 8 years, unti, of course now.

All the appetizers were perfect- pan fried mozzerella, shrimp cocktail and fried calamari were wonderful. Desserts were lovely, chocolate mousse cake and a lovely homemade tiramisu.

There is not a children's menu available, and the restaurant definitely gives off an adult vibe. It has actual linens and water glasses, etc. However, they were more than accomodating. Our waiter even told us that if we needed chicken fingers or fries for the kids, they would be more than happy to do that for us. They even allowed us to specifically request kinds of pasta and preparation for our 6 and 3 year olds.

It's cozy. It's calm and quiet. It's got an amazing staff and out of this world food. I have a feeling this will become a regular date night for me and my husband!

3  Thank Kate R
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Brunello is located in the middle of nowhere opposite a feed store on the outskirts of Flemington. The location has consistently hosted Italian restaurants with food of exceptional quality. We didn't realize it was operational again - Then we discovered Brunello Trattoria has been there for two years!

Wine list starts at $ 25/bottle and you get a decent bottle! Excellent calamari (about $9), Several very good entrrees in the $ 15.00 range. Chicken Piedemont and Chicken Milanese were quite good. Shared Tartufo for dessert ($6).

Incredibly attentive service. You think about water and the glass is refilled. Enough time to linger over courses but we didn't feel like we were waiting for food to arrive. Glad we found the place!

2  Thank Bryce S
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Dined with my husband and daughter for her 26th birthday Sunday night and had an appetizer -Portobello mushrooms (that we split) three delicious meals-chicken, Scottish salmon, and pasta, and chocolate mousse cake (that we split) for dessert. The attention to detail, and the service were incredible.
Please check out their luncheon specials for $10. It is a feast!! My husband goes there for lunch, mentioned the place at work, and now has his fellow co-workers going there also. It is a meal that you cannot beat for $10.
The dining area is newly renovated, and the bar is a nice place to stop for a drink after work.

4  Thank jmu08
Reviewed January 25, 2012

We visited Brunello Trattoria with friends Saturday 01/21/12. The food and service were excellent. Chicken Parmigiana with Angel Hair Pasta was exceptional. Portabella Mushrooms for appetizer were the best we ever had. My wife had the Chilean Sea Bass, one of the day's specials...fantastic! A cozy and friendly atmosphere. Despite a day of snow/bad weather the restaurant was bustling. The bar area is also very inviting.
Don't pass up the opportunity to dine here. We have visited there several times, never disappointed. I work close by, and will be trying their luncheon specials.