Hampton Inn Flemington
$69
$139
Residence Inn
$215
All reviewscomplimentary breakfastfront deskroom was cleandiamond nationindoor poolconvenient locationthe breakfast arearecommend this hotelpancake housenice breakfastbaseball tournamenthot tubeasy accessoatmealfitness centercomfortable stayfresh fruit
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Recently spent 5 nights at the Hampton Inn Flemington on business. Staff was very helpful with accommodating us with our package deliveries, early departures, etc. They really made it comfortable for the long stay. Very friendly and helpful. Had a room on the 3rd floor and while it wasn't the Ritz, it was a decent place to stay. Turkey sausage was very good. Location can't be beat.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 days at Christmas. The room was very clean with plenty of towels and a sufficient staff to insure the room was maintained. The front desk staff, Bobby, Robert, Sherry, Sharon and Vincent were very helpful and always so pleasant.
What a change from the Hampton Inn in Clinton, NJ. I wouldn't stay there again (see my reviews).

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The location was ideal for us because we were visiting family right in the area. However even though location-wise it was perfect and I'm a Hilton HHonors member, I'm going to look for a hotel elsewhere next time we visit. Should you stay here, at least request a room on a higher floor.

From the lobby everything looked great. We had to wait a little bit to check in because the single desk clerk was busy juggling 2 different phone calls. I got the room that I reserved (king, non-smoking). It was on the first floor, which didn't bother us at first. Then during the night we heard a lot of noise (people, furniture, etc.) in the hallway. Based on what one of the first floor meeting rooms looked like the next day and the number of business suits walking through the door, I think they were setting the room up. We also swore we heard noise like a TV or music all night, but could never pinpoint it as to where it was. Next door? Across the hall? The joke was that it was a bad disco night. The next morning we discovered the source: a speaker playing music in the hall that was almost directly outside our door. The breakfast was a standard breakfast, but at least it had make-your-own waffles. (I love those.)

We often stay at a Hampton Inn, but this one did not live up to the standards we've come to expect. It wasn't a restful night's sleep.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Joann E, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Flemington, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

I sincerely apologize for the noise issues encountered during your stay. Our guests comfort and safety is my number one concern. Your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences and I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again.

Joann Ellis
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Lobby was fine. Arrived at front desk to learn that I had been assigned to a smoking room. Reservation was for a king, non-smoking room on a high floor. Was switched to a non-smoking room, but with two doubles and on the first floor. As a woman travelling alone, I immediately asked for a room on a higher floor, but was told no other rooms were available, which seemed odd because the parking lot was empty and it was pretty early in the evening. The desk clerk didn't even look -- just said no.

The room was small, furniture was run down and the HVAC unit was noisy. The room was so small it had no closet, instead it had a wardrobe that I had to keep open so the smell wouldn't get on my clothes. The room barely had enough space for a small, worn out table and two chairs.

Shower water ran out of the tub, causing puddles. I couldn't get the shower water to a comfortable temperature -- either too hot or too cold.

I took the to-go breakfast, so I didn't get to try the hotel breakfast or visit the Perkins connected to the restaurant.

After several good experiences in Hampton Inns, my expectations are high. This location was a disappointment.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Melissa M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Flemington, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. We apologize your requested room type was not available at check-in and will work with our scheduling team to prevent similar instances from occurring in the future. We have alerted our maintenance team to the issues in your room with the restroom and HVAC and will have them fixed soon though we regret you ran into these issues during your stay. We hope your experience with us will not tarnish the brand’s name and that you will consider giving us another chance to show you the quality stay and warm Hamptonality you have come to expect from us should you return to the area in the future.

Melissa Miller
Director of Sales

Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed here during hurricane Sandy's rath, and even though the hotel was at the max with victims and workers, they had complete hot breakfasts, use of Internet, and calm, caring workers to help anyone with concerns. This Hampton inn is wonderful!

• Stayed: November 2012