“1 BR suite is one big room, with open plan bathroom.”

Hampton Inn Flemington
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Flemington
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I booked a 1 BR suite for 3 occupants through the web site. Naturally, based on the web description, I expected a bedroom, a living room with a sleeper sofa and a bathroom. No such room exists there. This was the second Hampton Inn to unpleasantly surprise me on this road trip. The premium priced room they gave us had a single room with an integrated open plan jacuzzi bath (no door). There wasn't even a place for our daughter to sleep. Fortunately they weren't full and we switched to a room with twin queen beds and a bathroom door. Had they told me the room they sold me didn't exist, I would have booked elsewhere. The email confirmation clearly states 3 people 1 BR Suite. What's so difficult?

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Todd M

Reviewed June 8, 2011

We recently stayed at this hotel for only one night while passing through town. Felt it was slightly overpriced but I was satisfied with the hotel and room and nothing comes cheap anymore. While not fancy, the room was a decent size and was very clean. I am very particular about cleanliness of rooms... particularly the bathroom which again, was very clean. The decor was well done in the lobby and halls as well. Would stay again and would recommend. They offer a breakfast however, we ate next door at Perkins and they also have a pool.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vern66
Reviewed August 10, 2010

My husband and I recently spent a week-end at this hotel while visiting NewHope, and was pleasantly surprise with the accommodations. We were attracted by the $129.00 nightly rate which was actually for a king-sized handicap room. We accepted the option of upgrading to a regular King-sized room for three dollars more per night. The advertised fridge and microwave were not available and was only made available for the more pricier rooms, but the free internet was a plus. With taxes the the total rate was $151.50 per night. However, the room and bathroom were very clean, the bed was pleasantly comfortable and the staff extremely helpful, pleasant and accommodating. The complimentary breakfast included eggs with breakfast meat, potatoes, etc. and Perkins Pancake house was attached for all meals as well. Beverages including fresh coffee was made available throughout the day with gourmet cookies set out in the evenings. If you're looking for scenery this is not the place because it's tucked away in an industrial way near a main corridor with nothing pleasant to view from your room window. Perhaps if they had a open patio and/or a bar for hotel customers it would be more inclusive and entertaining. Overall we very happy with our first Hampton Inn visit.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I stay at this hotel at least two times a year for family reunions. EVERY time something happens. Last time the fire alarms went off three times during the night. Ofcourse they did the right thing and comped us. Another time the shower head fell off while I was taking a shower. They took care of me. One other time there was no chain in the toilet. This last time on Friday night the fire alarm went off. My kids and I were scared out of our minds and never got back to sleep. I went to the desk the next morning, and the lady played dumb until I told her exactly what time, etc. Then she seemed to know EVERYTHING about it--humidity caused it etc. Someone told me that if you don't bring it up, they won't!!! I asked what sort of compensation I would receive and she told me I wasn't eligible for any because I booked on line with some stupid plan. I would have to call an 800 number to talk to someone. This is just unacceptable to me. They put us in a smaller room, apparantly with this "awesome" rate, with a view of ROCKS! We have been staying here for YEARS but no more. Hampton is Hilton, and a bunch of other chains and I will NEVER stay in ANY of them again. Oh- I stayed in the Lake George one in May, and had to clean the soap scum out of the shower before I stepped into it! I hear that Holiday Inn's have really stepped it up!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank lfmvt
Reviewed April 14, 2010

We stayed Sat night for our anniversary in a room with a whirlpool. It was fabulous! They even let us check in early. The room with the extra kitchen area/whirlpool was clean and had plenty of space. The whole suite was pretty well maintained.

In the evening when we returned to the lobby there were otis spumkmyer cookies for the guests set out in little bags! They hit the spot and were delicious! We stayed on the 3rd floor and it was very quiet even though there was a boys baseball team staying there.

The breakfast they serve in the morning was the best continental breakfast I've ever seen at a hotel. They had so many items and plenty of food . They even had hot items(eggs, french toast sticks and waffles). The only negative is that they are a little more pricey than other hotels in the areas. The tax on the room was almost 18%.
However, it's worth it to stay in a clean decent hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2010

This hotel is on a highway in Flemington, close to chain stores and other big roads - not the place to go for scenic views. But it was easily found - even in a snowstorm - and we got just the room we wanted. The bed was comfortable; everything was clean and in good repair. Hampton Inn's comfy pillows and comforters were there, and the free Internet and nice TV were all in place. The continental breakfast also included a pre-made egg omelet, a nice touch! There was good tea, too. If that won't do it for you, there's an in-hotel entrance to the Perkins Pancake House on the property, although we didn't go there. When we arrived looking for a place for dinner, the desk clerk gave us directions to a good pub up the highway. It was a nice stay.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2009

We stayed overnight in Flemington in a trip to Philadelphia. Hampton Inn was the real right choice, the rooms are very nice, and everyone incredibly gentle. We spent a great eveing in Flemington"

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flemington
Hampton Inn Clinton
HYATT house Branchburg
HYATT house Branchburg
#2 of 5 in Branchburg
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton

Been to Hampton Inn Flemington? Share your experiences!