“Not as good as it used to be...”
Review of Blue Fish Grill

Blue Fish Grill
Ranked #3 of 130 Restaurants in Flemington
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This place used to be delicious. Crab cake sandwich, manhattan clam chowder, fish tacos and key lime pie were always favorites. We were eating at and picking up from here at least once a month before they moved to their new location.

In the new location, something changed.

For sure, the quality of prepared foods is not what it used to be. Fried fish is consistently greasy. Fried potatoes are either too salty (chips) or not crispy and chewy (fries). Soups are under seasoned, perhaps I may say that they were "boring". On several occasions, the kitchen was unable to cook hamburgers to a requested doneness (medium well). Entrees could use more sauces, and entrees that used to come with additional sauce on side side no longer do.

Service wise, the restaurant service staff used to consist of clean looking friendly young women (local high school students?). During our recent experiences we were attended by snippy bordering on rude mid 20 to 30 something's. Entrees arrived at different times, tables seated after us were served before us. The new dining area is cramped and noisy when it is busy.

Surely, the restaurant had a recipe for success. If they can get the food quality issues ironed out, I'd be happy to recommend the grill to friends again.

With the current quality of food, there are definitely better choices for food in town.

1  Thank pisces0302

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The seafood was fresh. Service speedy. Price was good. I would recommend the fish tacos. We went on a sunny day in September and sat outside.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Very good food...but why? They serve an off brand crappy soft drink...it can been considered to be shallow. If I have lunch I want coke or pepsi. Owner says he supports local, that is why they serve this gross drink. Can negate the best seafood dish.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Newly opened, cozy place in a convenient part of town. I believe food is good but I ordered
the grilled mahi-mahi and it was REALLY BLAND, like there was no seasoning whatsoever.
Although my daughter ordered one of their special which is the big fish burrito, it was fantastic.
I will order from the "specials" next time. The fish burrito is clearly for two people.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Every weekend my husband and I try to come up with a place to go for dinner. We prefer seafood but the majority of places in our area are chain. A friend of mine fell upon this place about 2 years ago and we've been going back ever since. the fish is fresh, deicious and inexpensive. It's a BYO which we prefer. The chef studied under Wolfgang Puck and it shows. He comes up with sauces that I've never tasted before. One of my favorite dishes is Salmon curry bowl. Keep in mind, I don't like curry but this dish is amazing. I also love their french fries or as our waitress called them-crack fries. You can't get enough!! The servers are fun. Only downside is you can't get reservations for parties under 8. It's still worth the wait. We love it and you can find us there probably 2-3 times a month.