“talented chef”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
New Jersey
“talented chef”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Exceptional dining experience repeatedly. I highly recommend 55 Main restaurant if you want your palet to taste finely prepared food.

Flemington, New Jersey
“always consistent and current”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

had dinner Friday night at 55 Main. We always find the food to be well prepared, and the seasonal dishes are very creative and very tasty. The staff is also very attentive, and informative regarding the menu! The portion sizes are always plentiful, and well worth the price.
It is by far our favorite restaurant in Flemington, and well worth the trip to anyone from outside of the area.

• Visited October 2013
Flemington, New Jersey
“Fantastic BYOB Restaurant in Flemington NJ”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I wish I had discovered this Hunterdon County restaurant years ago. We ate there for the first time last night and loved every bite. We wanted to go out for a nice meal but not pay exorbitant prices. We tried a tasting menu and could not have happier with the terrific variety of flavors.
The mushroom soup with white truffle foam topping was exquisite. We really enjoyed the calamari done with a balsamic glaze over amazing pumpkin ravioli. The salads were fresh and light. I still don't know which was my favorite entree the slow braised beef over the red cabbage with flavors that I cannot adequately describe or the filet.
The 3 varieties of desserts were over the top good: A chocolate, peanut butter fudge torte number, a pumpkin cheesecake or perhaps the best a lemon,butter cake with fresh berries.
We will certainly be returning again and again and I love the BYOB option as well.

• Visited October 2013
Carmel, California
“Super nice restaurant and great food!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

While I was visiting the east coast in August, 2 friends and I decided to visit Flemington, NJ, and while walking down the Main St., we came across this lovely, little restaurant. The name is
"55 Main", and we all loved it! We had salmon burgers with sweet potato fries, which was the best fries I've ever had. The service was delightful and the food top quality. Dessert was a plus, as well, fresh peach cobbler. I certainly hope this restaurant will be here next year on my yearly trip! I look forward to returning!

Three Bridges, NJ
“Best Restaurant in Flemington Catering to all Tastes”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have been going to 55 Main since it opened and I have never had a bad meal. It truly is the best restaurant and I don't say that lightly. The menu has a variety of offerings that will cater to multiple tastes from traditional beef tenderloin to Italian to Thai. Jonas Gold, chef and owner, has created some amazing recipes with Thai infusion, like crisp pork wonton appetizer special on 8-31-13, potstickers, Thai shrimp sauté - all fantastic. The staff is accommodating as I wanted an appetizer for dinner, and my father wanted all shrimp instead of shrimp and scallops in his dinner choice, and they were happy to oblige. On 8-31-13 our waitress was Katie, only her 3rd day on the job and she did great! Hope to have her again someday. Each time I've been at 55 Main Jonas comes out to say hello to guests and will stay to chat a while, which is always appreciated. I've been to restaurants where the chef does a quick circle of the restaurant just to say hello and then quickly goes back to the kitchen; Jonas isn't like that and even lends a hand bringing dishes out, taking checks etc. He has trained his staff very well as I've never had a bad waiter or waitress and the food never comes out rushed. Prices are also reasonable, for 3 of us (2 of us having 3 courses) the bill came to $112 without tip.

I truly cannot say enough positive things about this restaurant. It's rare to find a place where you always have a good meal, but this is definitely one of those places. So if you are in or near the Flemington area, definitely make a reservation and check it out! You won't regret it.

1 Thank MMSNJ08887