“Good rolls”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2012

It is nice to have a good place for sushi in the area, especially a BYOB. The fish is always fresh and I've enjoyed everything I've had here, especially the sushi rolls. I agree with the other reviewers that service is not a strength here. The servers are not friendly and you generally have to flag them down to get water, etc. I attribute that somewhat to the fact that they are usually very busy, but a smile and a "can I get you some more water" would go very far. That being said, don't let the service keep you away. The food is worth the trip.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

The food here is a little pricey but well worth it. Every dish I have gotten off the menu has been perfect. We've been going here for at least 2 years and have not one complaint.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

Overall we felt this Sushi place hit the mark on quality, quantity and flavor. We really enjoyed the sushi at this restaurant. The wait staff was fine, while not warm and friendly they didn't mess up our order and service was fast for being busy that night. We had no issues with anyone being unpleasant to us. The food is the reason to come here. We got three signature rolls, two appetizers and 2 drinks and the bill was $50.00. Not that bad and I am willing to pay a higher price for quality. What makes this place even better: BYOB. Bring your favorite wine and enjoy some excellent sushi!

Reviewed April 7, 2012

Upscale and unique approach- far better quality an style than the typical Chinese or Japanese places in this area. Not inexpensive but a good value.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

I have been going to Aikou for a few years now (since they opened) and at one point I boycotted the place. Not because of the food, but because of a nasty waitress. No one in there is overly nice, but this young girl had a rotten attitude. Well, I started going back again and today my 16 year old daughter and I went for lunch. Now they have a new nasty waiter. My daughter was trying to decide what to order and he just stood and stared at us. He never checked back to see if everything was okay and I was wanting a glass of water. Nasty service. The food is good, but I don't know if it's worth dealing with the wait staff. They really don't seem to care.