“Treat Yourself to a Proper Tea”

Teaberry's Tea Room
Ranked #1 of 129 Restaurants in Flemington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Teaberry's serves both a full lunch and afternoon tea all day Tuesday through Sunday during normal business hours. We have a selection of excellent wines for purchase by the bottle. We specialize in private parties on site and also offer many unique and interesting events throughout the year. All our menu items are available for take-out. Teaberry's also caters offsite parties and offers complete consultation services for such events. Teaberry's was created in a lovingly restored Victorian home as a refuge from the outside world. Inside you will feel pampered as the atmosphere is relaxed yet elegant, cozy and never rushed. You have a selection of over 100 fine teas, brewed to perfection. Fresh flowers and linens adorn each table and the attentive wait staff will take excellent care of you. We believe it is enriching to add beauty and charm to the little details of our lives and at the same time it helps to slow us down as we appreciate the moment. Our gift shop is brimming with fun and fanciful surprises - many tea related - as well as gift certificates and all our loose leaf teas.
Reviewed May 10, 2014

From the decor to the service to the food itself, you can't get a better experience for afternoon tea. Soup or salad, tea sandwiches, scones, desserts, and of course tea....almost 100 different kinds to choose from. Everything made when you order and made in house. Went with my daughters for a pre-Mother's Day outing and hope to make it an annual event.

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

My niece, being home for spring break from college, asked me about going to tea one day this past week. She has been to Teaberrys twice, and I couldn't say "yes" fast enough. I called my sister, and then another niece said that she would also love to go. We have all been to Teaberrys before, and we loved it. This time was no different. For anyone who has not been to Teaberrys, it is an amazing experience. From the second you walk in, you can feel the love and attention that is a part of every room, every table, every decoration on every wall. The restaurant itself is beautiful. Spotlessly clean. Beautifully decorated everywhere you look. It honestly looks like the whole place belongs in a magazine. We were taken upstairs, and greeted by our wonderful server, Janice. We have had Janice before and always ask for her, as she is a wonderful part of our total experience. Anyway, our tea selection was first, and I can't tell you how many different teas are offered. There are so many flavors, from a creme brûlée to an unbelievable apricot. Janice helped us with our selections, made sure our glasses of ice water were filled, and within a short time our food started arriving. The first thing I have to say about the soup, lobster bisque, is that you wish they would bring out the whole pot. It is the most delicious soup we have ever tasted. They have several other flavors daily, and I have tasted most of them. They are all so good, and the bisque is served with cheese crackers. Then a fabulous salad, and I believe all their dressings are homemade. The maple dressing is fabulous. Then a plate of delicious tea sandwiches, which were a different variety then last time. We were all so full by this point but we couldn't stop. We never waited for our water glasses to be re-filled, our tea was always hot thanks to the "cozies" on the teapots, and then came the phenomenal scones, with raspberry jam, lemon curd and clotted cream. The scones were so perfectly baked and delicious, and I hate the taste of lemon but we almost didn't have enough lemon curd for the scones cause we were all eating it out of the dish. Then the desserts came. All a little different then last time, and all delicious. Freshly made, as is all the food, and when Janice served us our plates of dessert, she also asked if we wanted more pots of tea. Then came our sorbet, and I had blueberry, which was so good. We didn't want to leave. We have been to restaurants all over the world. We have been to tea in London several times, and this is what I compare to Teaberrys. There is just no comparison, between the food, service and decor. Teaberrys is consistently excellent every single time we come here, and I have been here now 6 times, with a 7th time coming up in the next several weeks to celebrate a family occasion. The owner, Susan, and her daughter, Sara, are always a pleasure to work with, whether it is planning a party, answering questions, or helping me with reservations. I love Teaberrys, it is so much more then fabulous food. It is a great adventure and a wonderful way to spend an afternoon.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Teaberry's is not your everyday place for tea. For us it is a special occasion staple. It is as much for the atmosphere and service as it is for the food and tea. The staff creates an elegant experience for everyone to enjoy. It is a rather feminine experience, but we have enjoyed a father's day brunch there as well. If your bring a young lady, be sure she brings a special doll friend. They get their own chair and tea service. Very exciting for our daughter. We hosted her 8th birthday there and all the girls loved it. Dress up, games, food and fun. They also have a very nice gift shop.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Excellent tea house. Always enjoyable!
Great for a special occasion or lunch with friends and moms, sisters, daughters, etc.

Lovely setting, friendly service, tasty food and cute gift shop too.
Try the Lobster Bisque soup or Baked Potato soup....yum!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I went there with my two granddaughters, to celebrate the anniversary of my family coming to America. I ordered a salad and scones, the lettuce was limp and my scone was dry and the lemon curd was sub par. The service was very good, but I wanted my granddaughters to get a taste of what an authentic tearoom was like, as I am from England, and I was disapointed.

1  Thank England101
Teaberrys, Owner at Teaberry's Tea Room, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear England101,

Teaberry’s strives for 100% customer satisfaction. I am sincerely disappointed that your expectations were not met. I am certain that if you had brought any concerns to the attention of either your server or the hostess on duty that everything possible would have been done to meet your needs.

We note that you traveled all the way from Columbus Ohio to visit our Tea Room… we are flattered! The next time you are in the area, please visit us and we will provide you and your party with complimentary soup… Note: Teaberry’s recently won the top Judges Choice award for Best Soup in Hunterdon County, an event sponsored by the Rotary Clubs of Hunterdon County: http://flemingtonrotarynj.org/soup-cook-off/

I hope you visit us again, along with your granddaughters.

Susan Peterson