“Poorly managed”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is an Italian focused chain restaurant, so I don't expect high quality Italian food here. Even given this low expectation I was underwhelmed with the food quality and very disappointed with the service. The pasta was consistently overcooked and the sauces were bland and tasteless...even more so than I expected. The real downer was the exceptionally poor service. The table was so far from the booth seat my young daughter couldn't reach the table to eat without difficulty. The food deliverer arrived with our appetizer and arrived aggressively at our table and without asking just plopped it down where my wife and I were discussing our entrees, and in so doing dropped a big serving spoon on the table. Without a word, he left without picking up the spoon or replacing it. We picked up the spoon and on which we observed a huge piece of dried food...it was so big it was clear the people in the kitchen just weren't even trying to look. Then when the entrée came (delivered by yet a different delivery person) we easily observed a large hair on the plate, again easily seen but no one was paying attention. She then offered to add cheese to my plate but didn't even look at my wife before leaving. When she came back with the replacement entrée it was clear by looking at the plate it was the exact same plate and food, minus the hair (i.e., did not recook anything). We left here agreeing never to return. This place is just not trying to cook tasty food or provide good service. I do not recommend this place to anyone.

1  Thank Daniel H

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Not very impressed with the quality of food. Our service was great named Pat, however have had not great service there in the past.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I like Macaroni Grill, but this location has been disappointing every time I've eaten there (three times since it opened) and it's time for a review. On my most recent visit, the condition of the upholstery on the booths was poor. The booths still had crumbs all over from the last customers. The paper menus they provided to us had food stains on them. The bread was so dry (except directly in the center) it was nearly a giant crouton. The sea bass dish I ordered was okay, but nothing special. My companion was disappointed by her meal. Our server was pleasant.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Typical chain Italian restaurants. There are better ones in the area, but you know what you're gonna get.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I made my first visit to Ramano's with a friend for a holiday dinner, I'd rate is average at best, I chose my dinner carefully as having ready many health articles I now the food is drenched in salt and has a very high fat content. The good news is that the menu highlight's "healthy" choices, so I chose a salad and a grilled shrimp dish as my main. The shrimp was try and the pasta extremely bland. As a starter we shared bruscetta where the tomatoes lacked any favor and prosciutto ham dish that was oily and greasy. My friends has various pasta dishes, no one felt they were on par with any of the local pizzerias. The waiter was attentive, and we had a relaxing and enjoyable time socializing. I think that it would be a good place for children with crayons on every table for their art work and entertainment. We did take advantage and made a few drawings and used for word games. This is not someplace I would choose to return, its amazing that such places are in business with so many local options.