“Quick and easy”

Cuisines: American
Chester, New Jersey
“Quick and easy”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

My husband and I were looking for a quick and easy restaurant for dinner last Saturday night around 8pm. We decided on the Corner Pub because we had never been there. We were seated immediately and our drink order was taken. I decided on the burger of the week, my husband ordered the fish and chips. The dish of potato crisps set on the table were delicious, crispy and crunchy. My burger, ordered rare, or as rare as possible came out medium making it a little dry for me. I wish the potato wedges were as crispy as the French fries that came as the chips with the fish. The fish was good, but slathering it in vinegar was not a good idea. My husband asked for the vinegar on the side, the waitperson brought the bottle, but it was already on the fish, and it was overpowering. The buffalo sauce on my burger was also too much. But all in all a good meal, quick and easy. We met the manager outside and he was very friendly. We will give them a second chance.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Betsy M

New Jersey
“Great Local Pub”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I came here for a business meeting so much has changed in the last year and a separate room for parties. GREAT service nice specials. I had the burger with homemade fries and chips

1 Thank filet
“Good local pub”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is a good local sports bar and pub. Very recently, they opened a separate room adjacent to the main pub. The new room allows you to escape the noise and energy of the pub and you can actually talk. Good food, standard "Irish pub" fare, good service and fair prices. It was a favorite and it got too loud with multiple TVs, live music at times, the bar and enthusiastic diners. The new room puts it back on our list again. Great fish and chips, good french dip.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank dougff83
Clover, South Carolina
“The Corner Pub”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Although this is a Irish Pub/Sports bar, their menu is upscale from what you would usually find. Of course they have the mammoth sandwiches, the fish and chips and the burgers but they also have some knock-out salads and very good home-made dishes, like meat loaf. My only complaint about the place is the sound level. Very high and with 8 or 10 wide screen TVs going to cover all sports events, it is hard to carry on a conversation. There is a couple of golf courses and a golf shop across the street so the place is usually full of golfers, especially in late afternoon, but the prices are reasonable and the food is good.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank RAFincher
Liberty Corner, New Jersey
“service - the worst”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were seated when only a few tables were taken. It took over 20 minutes to get service. The place smelled of smoke, even though it is a non-smoking restuarant -- the staff was smoking at the back door allowing the smoke to enter with billowing effects. Once we got service we ordered appetizers (that NEVER came -- but our bill included) then we tried to get drinks -- another 20 minutes later -- we finally got the waiter to quit smoking and get us the WRONG order. Finally, we got to order dinner and another 45 minutes later we asked for the manager and he was full of excuses and our undercooked meal came out minutes later. Horrible -- never go there on a Monday night Giants Football Night -- where the owners are gone, leaving their restuarant to the embicles that blame each other for poor service, bad food and incorrect bills. Shame on you. Never Again - Good Bye Corner Pub . . . .

• Visited October 2013