“Worth a Visit or 2 but not much more.”
Review of Allaire State Park

Allaire State Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Spanning more than 3,000 acres, this state park is best known for its 19th-century iron-making town, Allaire Village, and antique steam trains.
North Las Vegas, Nevada
92 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 123 helpful votes
“Worth a Visit or 2 but not much more.”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Allaire is one of those parks that your first visit or two you are wowed but beyond that there is no real reason to visit again. The train is fun to ride once and they have a tiny little gift shop with little trinkets and such. It's interesting to walk along the row houses and village to see the old buildings inside and out. They will sometimes have actors working the area and walking around for you to interact with. We've visited while real couples got married in the old Church. The trails outside the village area are rather bland and in some sections often overgrown and hard to follow.

There are picnic areas and play areas but they are not often occupied. The park is pet friendly but you will obviously not be allowed in any of the buildings or the train.

The park boasts plenty of events but several times these events will be canceled and they never update their website. I've complained about this to park officials before and their only answer is I should have called before I came that events can be canceled at a moments notice. Luckily I only live 30 minutes or so away so it wasn't so bad but for people who may be traveling from over an hour away that is definitely the wrong attitude for park officials to have with their guests.

After a visit or two you've basically exhausted all the park has to offer and there are nearby parks with nicer trails

Visited September 2013

Brick, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Allaire State Park”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Went to the flea market last month which was small but fun to look around and see the vendors.
The park does offer activities throughout the year.

Newton
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great history, beautiful area & great cabins for camping”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We spent 4 nights at the park in one of the cabins. While we were there we took a ride on the railroad & loved it. The actors in the historic village were all fantastic, we really were surprised how nice of a day it was. The park is only 10 minutes to Point Pleasant & about thirty to Sandy Hook.

Camping; you do hear the road I95 that is close by (not bad), what people really complain about is the Wall stadium stock car races & yes they are loud but do not go on all night. I didn't hear any road noise from in the cabin, we stayed in #29 closest to the bathroom. It is a cheap way to do the shore at only $48 a night for the cabins & $20 for tent / camper sights. BEWARE of the trees in the camping area, the road is tight & we saw two different people in one day back their new cars into trees crushing their bumpers & taillights, ouch$.

We'll be going again next year.

2 Thank KingGeorge01
Naples, Florida
95 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“A Beautiful Facility”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We have been going to this park since my kids were little. And now we take my grandson. The park is located just shy of two miles from my house so it's very convenient. The Garden State Parkway and Routes I-195 and 34 are nearby. A big draw is the Pine Creek Railroad but there is so much to do here. Take a nice long walk though one of the many scenic trails. There is a nature center with many exhibits of the animals and insects of the area. On occasion there is an iron worker making nails from scratch. There is also a gift shop with baked goods and candies for you to partake in. In the past there have been civil war reenactments but I'm not sure if they still have them. All in all nice way to spend a pleasant day with the family.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank HenryChin
burlington, NJ
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 120 helpful votes
“Nice Trails”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Visited Allaire State Park this past weekend. It was $5 for NJ residents to get into the park ($7 for non-residents). As soon as I pulled into the park, I saw a snack truck with hotdogs, hamburgers, and even funnel cake. Quite a few people were eating there so I guess it was good! The Nature Center was closed so I can't comment on that. I was disappointed that there were no maps available at the entrance where I paid. The trails were sandy and flat. Even though it rained the past few days, there were no muddy puddles to avoid. I walked parts of the red and blue trails for 2-3 miles before turning around to head back to the main parking area. From there, I walked through the Allaire Village from the 1800s and to the train on the other side of the park. Overall, I was at the park for about 2 hours and was ready to wrap it up and head home. It was a nice trip with a few amenities I wasn't expecting.