“Super Nice Renovated Room” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Fairfield
“Super Nice Renovated Room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

I stayed here on a bus tour this past weekend for 2 nights and we had an amazing room. This was BY FAR the nicest Comfort Inn I have ever stayed in ~ it was way more like a Sheraton. Very luxurious. We had super comfortable beds, a huge TV, fridge, microwave.... everything. We also got delicious room service from the Italian restaurant on the property with zero delivery charge at a very affordable price. Me and my 3 teens were extremely happy with this hotel. It was also spotless.

Room Tip: I would ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ComfortNJGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Hello kimmmmmy,

I would like to thank you very much for the descriptive yet true and kind words you have written about our hotel. We do our best everyday to give the most comfort, luxury as you mentioned, and satisfaction to all our guests. The newly owned and operated restaurant is liked by most of our guests and is well-known in the metropolitan areas of Newark and New York City. Their food and service is above average and just as good as the service of the Comfort Inn, Fairfield, NJ.

Once again thank you and hope to see you soon on your next stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
West Chester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

Found everything to my liking at this hotel. Room was clean and quiet with plenty of electrical outlets. The shower was strong and hot. I stayed during a very hot & humid day, but the AC kept up very well. And the fan was constant speed, so the white noise level was constant. Room coffee was OK. Internet connection was OK. Bed was comfortable and I slept well. Nobody broke into my car.

What more could I ask for? I will be happy to return.

Room Tip: Front of hotel faces Route 46, which seemed quiet enough. But the back of the hotel is much more qu...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank PAMan804
ComfortNJGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Hello PAMan804,

The quality and importance of service provided to every guest is critical to comfort inn's value and we hope to improve on it very step of the way. Peaceful ambience and cleanliness is considered very important to all of our guests.

Castle Rock, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in a lot of Comfort Inns around the country. This one is ok for it's age and a decent value. The rooms are clean and everything worked. The front desk staff were pleasant. Breakfast was standard fare for az Comfort Inn.

What this hotel does have is a new restaurant tenant called Michael Angelo's that recently opened. A small quaint Italian eatery and brick oven pizza. The food was fantastic - everything made fresh to order with homemade pasta. A really surprising find and definitely worth stopping in for dinner.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Don M
ComfortNJGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Hello Don M,

The restaurant has been well known in the city of F airfield for many years and have never failed to please their guests. I will be sure to convey kind regards to the restaurant owner for you.

USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

I rolled into Fairfield late evening and had to roll out quite early the next morning, so I cannot speak to any of the amenities. However, checking in was a relatively painless process, and the small lobby has several computers from which you can access the Internet and, if need be, check into your flights and print your boarding passes.

The elevator to the 2nd floor was slow but effective.

Complimentary breakfast was part of the deal (it runs from 6 - 10:30), but like I said, I didn't have the opportunity to enjoy it as I had to leave early.

Some of the reviews on this property say it smelled smoky. My room did not. It smelled like mild chlorine, sort of like what you might smell near a swimming pool. However, the odor was NOT offensive. In fact, the room smelled "cleaned." Not a hint of smokiness anywhere. Interestingly, a sign on the desk in room said a guess would be charged a $250.00 cleaning fee if the guest smoked in the room. WHEW!

The bed was EXTREMELY comfy -- no complaints at all. And even though I could tell I had neightbors by the sound of the TV coming from their room as I stood outside my door, I heard NOTHING once I was in the room. It was quiet!! Great insulation!

I did note that the phone ringer was relatively soft, so if you are relying on a wake-up call, make sure you turn the ringer up.

Since I can't speak to anything other than my check-in process and the quality / cleanliness of the room, I'm going w/ 4.5 stars.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ComfortNJGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Hello writer 42,

, I would like to thank you very much for the descriptive yet true and kind words you have written about our hotel. We do our best everyday to give the most comfort, luxury as you mentioned, and satisfaction to all our guests.

Our hotel, comfort inn of fairfield focuses on the cleanliness and the operating factors for most minor of details in the guest rooms. The dedication and hard work put into the service of all guest rooms are standardized and comparatively superior to the other hotels within the area.

Majority of the appreciation is given to my front desk and housekeeping staff who work with sincerity and faith to deliver the best service and present the finished product of a guest room to you upon check in time. My entire staff will be rewarded appropriately for the satisfaction you received upon the use of the room.

Hudson, Fl.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

The comfort is an average choice hotel but for the price in this location its worth it. Free breakfast and clean room. Hotel is secure and you are just off the highway, so location is good. You do need a car to go out and eat your meals, but close by. No problem except my credit card was compromised after using it here. Their system may not be secure. So watch your charges.

Room Tip: Ask for room not facing highway to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ComfortNJGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Hello Buc40,

Pa.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

This hotel was pretty nice. The only food area was the restaurant on the premises and it is Italian eating. The hotel was fine and the room was very good. Stayed on the 2nd floor, room 207 and it was good. If you stayed at a comfort inn before it is about the same. The only thing I didn't like was the only food was in the hotel. We did order pizza delivered and it was excellent. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I had the 2nd floor and it was fine, it faced the traffic but didn't bother us at all.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ComfortNJGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Hello BigMalPa,

The onsite restaurant is very reputable and appreciated by many of our guests as they do an excellent job to serve everyone daily. Nonetheless, we will share your comments with my entire team and congratulate them on the service they provided to you which turned out memorable for you.

Merrimac, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

We really have good things to say about the Comfort Inn in Fairfield except the room smelled a little smokey for a non smoking hotel. The room was very clean and the service was great. We just felt that maybe it's a newly non smoking hotel and had been smoked in before. We didn't use the pool or spa so that's why we didn't rate them. We were only there for one night.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank julia_fisher
ComfortNJGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Hello julia_fisher,

Hello I would like to thank you very much for the descriptive yet true and kind words you have written about our hotel. We do our best everyday to give the most comfort, luxury as you mentioned, and satisfaction to all our guests. Once again thank you and hope to see you soon on your next stay with us.

Charles Gandhi (GM)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
BEST WESTERN PLUS Fairfield Executive Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield
Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Fairfield
Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield
Holiday Inn Totowa
Holiday Inn Totowa
#1 of 1 in Totowa

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!